jubilee

bodcaw boy

This thread's almost going to 3 pages and it's still here, impressive !

And we've accomplished what? Where IS Craig when I need him...?

Confused

I hate to burst your bubble...........your the one that got the last thread deleted by insulting other members of the forum. Just like about every other Jub thread.

Craig

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So you Jub owners (especially Coytee) want to shut me up....although I can't remember the last time a said a word about Jubilee's on the forum?? and even then all I have ever stated is that some are exaggerating about them stomping all over everything else.

Well I have a challenge for you. One of you bring your mighty Jub's to the AK Fest coming up in a few months and I'll give them a whirl in my room for the weekend. I will however keep my old world franken-Scala's close at hand just in case I'm not impressed. Or if you would rather I not use your pride and joy's feel free to sign up for a members room yourself but be quick they won't be available long. They were only $100 or so for members last year. Us vendors really pay the freight. I guarantee you will have the time of your life........

So put up guy's .....heck these hotel rooms look to be similar size to what most folks are using these Jubs in anyway. Come show the world the Jub joy.

Craig

• Moderators

I'm getting ready to sell mine, I have MWM/402 envy.

Yea right !

Well if that's the case the standard way of dealing with is to say something really rude of which you have little no personal knowledge of to get the thread deleted !

They sound horrible & you're crazy. How's that!

I have never said I wasn't crazy, I don't even claim to be normal ! [:S]

Some people think bose sound great so it's a personal opinion, but I know how you really feel at least about the jubilee's.

• Moderators

Your right Craig, I wish more people could hear them and judge for themselves, it's the only way to know how they compare to others.

Jub joy, that's funny I like it, I also have Heritage joy, but not really reference joy.

I'm getting ready to sell mine, I have MWM/402 envy.

Yea right !

Well if that's the case the standard way of dealing with is to say something really rude of which you have little no personal knowledge of to get the thread deleted !

They sound horrible & you're crazy. How's that!

I have never said I wasn't crazy, I don't even claim to be normal ! Tongue Tied

Some people think bose sound great so it's a personal opinion, but I know how you really feel at least about the jubilee's.

[:D]

Maybe I don't get it. I wasn't offended at all by the other thread. One would hope they stomp all over everything else. It doesn't mean I can't still like my La Scalas and Heresy IIs... or whatever else I happen to own.

One of you bring your mighty Jub's to the AK Fest

To tell you the truth, that thought DID cross my mind although the logistcs of it are horrendous (it's in Michigan, isn't it?)

I thought it'd be cool to bring them up, sight unseen. Set them up inside a room BEHIND some kind of fabric so they could NOT be seen and the only thing anyone would have is their sound to comment. Perhaps even bring the elctronics to the front side so if someone had an Ipod or other... they could be wired in too. I think it'd be sneaky to have some other brand speaker boxes empty, SUGGESTING to those listening that those are what they're listening to.

I've heard though that those rooms usually sound horrific?

I've heard though that those rooms usually sound horrific?

Well we are talking Jubs here the room shouldn't matter..... your in what Tennessee? I see no big deal maybe 7 hour drive? Put up or...... [;)]

The rooms do not sound horrible to 99% of the people that attend. Some young Doctor just says that a year later. Mind you I wouldn't call them an acoustic dream but with a little playing around they sound just fine. Besides the listening is nearfeild so the room really doesn;t have that much to do with it and sane levels. So the playing field will be equal on all accounts. So if the mighty Jub is the greatest thing since sliced bread it should surely win the weekend against all other systems at the event. Why hide them behind a curtain??? My Franken-Scalas are butt ugly and person attanding the show has a problem getting past the looks. This crowd is very much laid back and none audiophile snob types for the most part.

Craig

"Set them up inside a room BEHIND some kind of fabric so they could NOT be seen "

you been reading too many bose acusti-mass borchures......it would take more than a piece of fabric to make them not be seen...

"Besides the listening is nearfeild so the room really doesn't have that much to do with it at sane levels. So the playing field will be equal on all accounts. So if the mighty Jub is the greatest thing since sliced bread it should surely win the weekend against all other systems at the event."

You kind of need to be off them a bit because of their size. I'm 12-13 feet back and I think that's probably about the minimum. They'd need to be in one of the bigger rooms -- eight feet back ain't gonna get it. As far as getting a pair up there, that would really be cool -- but just one of them weighs almost as much as two Klipschorns, and because of their size you can't load them into van. I don't know about the other owners, but I'm not much into the idea of having mine sitting in the back of a pickup truck. So, that leaves renting a uHaul, which ain't exactly cheap.

The rooms do not sound horrible to 99% of
the people that attend. Some young Doctor just says that a year
later.

So I went and looked up my original review of AK Fest, written on March 27, 2007:

The acoustics in Craig's room were noticeably harsher than some
of the other rooms, which never jives well with horns so it wasn't the
greatest sounding rig in the world, but that's life.

Here's the rest of my review so everyone can see it all in context:

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/p/87754/891614.aspx#891614

After the event, the nature of the acoustics of those rooms was on the
fore front of my mind and and a topic of conversation with many
others. 9 months later I've learned a lot more and am even further
convinced about the influence of the rooms' acoustics.

I think it
would be fun to bring a pair of Jubs to AKFest, but I would probably
bring along some acoustical treatment too. Those rooms are killer.

For the life of me, I wish I could figure out just what the root of this intense(sic) debate is all about?

I like vanila.... no, chcolate, no. butter pecan!..

This obviously isn't for the faint of heart....

Doc, so I guess you will be bringing a truckload of transformers to tune up those rooms?.... [*-)][:S][:P]

But personally, I think you might want to bring a few of the Cheryl Tiegs posters for the really really tough spots!

And some of those fancy bi-wires could be used as museum guide ropes to keep the grimy fingers off the equipment.