Zebrawood Jubilee

mikebse2a3

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm obviously a big zebrawood fan and love what you've done to your Jubs.

Most zebrawood I've seen has a much more narrow grain pattern. If I didn't know zebrawood so well, I'd think that could be tigerwood but it does have all the right characteristics. Here's a picture of my '80 Corns with the zebrawood veneer Klipsch used back in the day. Most here have seen this picture 100 times but it still doesn't do the speakers justice as you now realize.

post-11821-13819354122426_thumb.jpg

I'm having a hard time posting because I'm getting alot of script errors when I go to the post screen and alot of the posting options aren't available so I hope the problem clears up soon. Anyone else having problems posting? I also noticed my post count wasn't changing with each post and there is no tool bar in the message box for composing a post.

Mike,

Thanks for the info. Since I am just barely south of Chattanooga, I could pretty easily make a trip to Knoxville. Although we have a place here that may have some nice wood if I just had the time to go by there. [:(]

I'm having a hard time posting because I'm getting alot of script errors when I go to the post screen and alot of the posting options aren't available so I hope the problem clears up soon. Anyone else having problems posting? I also noticed my post count wasn't changing with each post and there is no tool bar in the message box for composing a post.

I'm experiencing the same thing right now (after 9:30 PM)...it took me several tries (and several F5 page refreshes) until the message board had all its icons appear so I could quote your post above.

The work on your Jubilees is first rate, Mike...also looking forward to seeing your progress.

I'm experiencing the same thing right now (after 9:30 PM)...it took me several tries (and several F5 page refreshes) until the message board had all its icons appear so I could quote your post above.

The work on your Jubilees is first rate, Mike...also looking forward to seeing your progress.

Jim thanks for everything. Trying to post last night was crazy.

mike tn

Well, hurry up and finish them Mike, the rest of us are waiting for you to do ours. :)

Time is hard to come by this time of year Dean and believe me if it wasn't so busy at work I would just take off and get them done but I guess I'll just have to be patient.

I believe you guy's need to get in touch with your artistic side and decorate your own. [:D]

mike tn

• 1 month later...

Well,

Have you completed the Jubs?

Have you made the grill cloth part yet? Trying to get some ideas on how to dress up my Jubs that are on their way in!

Paul

Hey Paul

Unfortunately (and frustratingly) I've not been able to work on the project much in the last month but I sure hope to get started again soon and of course I will post pictures of the progress.

mike tn[:)]

The panels that you are applying - is this a veneer on a 1/2 inch MDF panel or something? How are they attached (and still allow a reversible modification). Any potential for the panel to warp? How are the grills going to be made & attached? I am enthusiastic and curious about what you are up to - hence all the questions.

Good Luck,

-Tom

The panels that you are applying - is this a veneer on a 1/2 inch MDF panel or something? How are they attached (and still allow a reversible modification). Any potential for the panel to warp? How are the grills going to be made & attached? I am enthusiastic and curious about what you are up to - hence all the questions.

Good Luck,

-Tom

Hey Tom thanks for the interest.

The Zebrawood is 4/4 solid wood that I've sanded so it is about 7/8" thick and will be supported by a subframe I'm building. The subframe will support the zebrawood front panel in the channels I'm creating with the Muirapixuna trim assemblies and allow me to reverse or change front panels if desired.

As far as the panels warping anything is possible with solid wood but the look is well worth the effort to me.

The grills will be made of wood and cover the mouth openings and part of the top of the Jubilee. if things work as planned they will be supported at the top and bottom and held in place with magnets.

Tom it's difficult to describe the way I plan on doing some of this and I actually have several ways of doing some of my ideas so it's one of those projects where my plans could shift based on how some things develop.

mike tn[:)]