Zebrawood Jubilee

mikebse2a3

Does anyone remember these mockup photos someone posted last year? The short one is with the 510 horn and the tall one would enclose the 402 horn, as well as conforming to the golden ratio in terms of height of the upper and lower sections.

post-23736-13819359475454_thumb.jpg

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 7 months later...

Wow. beautifil. I posted my old K Horns in Tigerwood. The Jubilee is narrower and looks better proportioned. Very nice.

As an aside. My old K Horns were one of about 6 pairs made in Tigerwood (per Andy). I packaed them up and shipped them across the country to the buyer. Took forever to properly package. Air freight boxes, 2" styrofoam, shrink wrap, strapping, etc. They made it and were put into storage without unpacking, then the storage room flooded. [:'(]

post-10861-13819400450788_thumb.jpg

post-10861-13819410598684_thumb.jpg

Wow. beautifil. I posted my old K Horns in Tigerwood. The Jubilee is narrower and looks better proportioned. Very nice.

As an aside. My old K Horns were one of about 6 pairs made in Tigerwood (per Andy). I packaed them up and shipped them across the country to the buyer. Took forever to properly package. Air freight boxes, 2" styrofoam, shrink wrap, strapping, etc. They made it and were put into storage without unpacking, then the storage room flooded. [:'(]

That is depressing. [:'(]

"hey made it and were put into storage without unpacking, then the storage room flooded. [:'(]"

my heart just skipped a beat

Yea. I sold them because I was going to modify them so much that I didn't want to change a rare pair of K Horns that much. The buyer said that he was going to restore them. I hope that he did.

Mike are you going to going to cover the top section like in the pic Islander posted?

Hey jbsl

Thats not in my plans but I do have a couple of ideas that I like really well so we will see how it goes. This has taken much more planning and time than I expected but every goal I set for myself on this project has turned out extremely well and has been one of the most fun things I've ever done like this.

mike tn

post-14473-13819410682286_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

Wow that looks nice, you were very lucky to find that wood in that thickness, I would think that's rare !

I bet they look better in person, it's very hard to show wood grain in a photo, the grills look professional done also, good work.

TigerwoodKhorns, sorry to hear that, that is enough to make you sick.