Merry Xmas, Klipshophiles!

pmsummer

Thanks for all the great music selections this year pmsummer. I've picked up quite a few things that you've posted....most recently 3 Terje Rypdal albums. I still can't believe you don't care for Lindeman's Framboise though :-) I'll be working on this bottle of Westmalle Trappist Ale in your honor. Merry Christmas to everyone.

Right this minute...I am sitting alone in the family room. My wife is tucking the kids in, visions of suger plums, et al. I am listening to Christ Mass from St. Paul's Cathedral, one of the mother churches of my Anglican catholic tradition. FIre is flickering, and candles glow. The tree is the most beautiful ever. The kids picked it out, and by now at least a third of the ornaments are their handiwork. My 5 year old son completed a long paper chain today and placed it himself.

We went to the 5pm family service where the children both sang in the choir. Our Christmas Eve dinner was a superb Oyster Stew with Galveston Bay oysters purchased by my wife this afternoon at Rosies, just down the street and purveyors of the freshest, finest seafood from the gulf.

I am sipping a hot cider with rum as the inlaws and children go to bed, and soon my sweet wife will join me. We'll listen for a while and sip cider in front of the fire, then we'll slip out into the light of the full moon over the bay to return to to the church for the holiest night of the year and the Midnight Mass that hs been celebrated by Christians in almost identical manner for over 1900 years.

I am thankful for this great community that so enriches my life with music, intellectual discourse, joy, and love. I am thankful for the life and legacy of PWK and for those who carry it on. And I am thankful for the greatest gift of all, in Whose Name this great celebration is held.

Merry Christmas to all!

Dave

Murray's Klipsch Mess!

For a little Holiday humor for all my buddies here, I have selected a little radio clip from this season's Mark & Brian Show (a syndicated morning show, out of L.A.). Scroll down to "M&B's 12 Days of Xmas:Day 1, Dropping of the Yule Log". Very touching...

Enjoy!