Is it true what "they" say?

Mudkicker

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Agreed thebes, and up yours too! (I don't have any idea how many and different smiley faces to put on that line but somehow I feel that a literate person such as thebes would appreciate the comment as it stands)

And Mudkicker, keep on kickin that mud, to paraphrase Frank Zappa, with whatever it is you kick mud with up there....

• Moderators

Now thebes, I understood the context perfectly well. I just took exception to the use of the word "junk." Not saying you can't use it, and of course you're entitiled to your opinion, I just thought it seemed harsh. That's my opinion. [:)]

Keep in mind a lot of people just skim this forum out of context to help them make decisions about purchasing. If their budget is within the Synergy realm, of course most of us would recommend the speakers (I would think?), but all they may pick up on is someone called them "junk." That's all I'm sayin.'

Whats wrong with MDF? Its extreamly consistent, doesn't splinter and has good acoustical properties. Sure its hard to work with (but I ain't building them) and you can't get them wet and if it's sealed don't get them wet at least not on a regular basis, one big reason why MDF is a bad kitchen countertop.

Now thebes, I understood the context perfectly well. I just took exception to the use of the word "junk." Not saying you can't use it, and of course you're entitiled to your opinion, I just thought it seemed harsh. That's my opinion. Smile

Keep in mind a lot of people just skim this forum out of context to help them make decisions about purchasing. If their budget is within the Synergy realm, of course most of us would recommend the speakers (I would think?), but all they may pick up on is someone called them "junk." That's all I'm sayin.'

Ok I can understand where you are coming from. I would, and have, recommended them to people on a budget but I would also have them check out Mirage at the same time. I do believe they are smiliar in pricing with Synergy and a very nice sounding speaker.

Boy, I sure hope you don't get mad at me for mentioning the competition.[:D]

Haven't heard from the marketing department yet. I'm sure, though, you've passed along my wonderful idea and they are just slow on the uptake.

• Moderators

Ok I can understand where you are coming from. I would, and have, recommended them to people on a budget but I would also have them check out Mirage at the same time. I do believe they are smiliar in pricing with Synergy and a very nice sounding speaker.

Boy, I sure hope you don't get mad at me for mentioning the competition.Big Smile

Competition?? We own Mirage now, thebes, I concur with your recommendation. [:)]

Haven't heard from the marketing department yet. I'm sure, though, you've passed along my wonderful idea and they are just slow on the uptake.

We're too busy right now eating bon-bons and watching youtube. We'll consider it maybe this summer.

Out of necessity (living in a small house), I've used my Khorns as both a TV and aquarium stand. Embarrassed

Big house or big speakers first? Looks like you got your priorities right. Besides, Khorns aren't made of MDF. Yes

When I bought them I was renting a room in a med size house, the owner had ought some Cornwalls and I one-upped him with the Khorns. I later bought a house with a nice room, vaulted ceiling, that opened into kitchen and living room. They probably were firing into >1000 sq ft. After a few years I moved and have been lugging them around (>15 years) with nowhere to call 'home' ... till now. It's like finding an old friend after all these years. [<:o)]

• Moderators

Boy, I sure hope you don't get mad at me for mentioning the competition.Big Smile

Competition?? We own Mirage now, thebes, I concur with your recommendation. Smile

We're too busy right now eating bon-bons and watching youtube. We'll consider it maybe this summer.

Now that was worth reading this whole thread for ! [;)]

Nope, i'm still here...reading.

Thanks for noticing Big Smile

Mud

Mud

Can you tell us your equipment in a little more detail, needs for 2 channel vs HT, and most importantly....price range?

The "newer" Klipschorn Jubilee (heard) and Palladium (not heard) are different but quality products. Mybe some used Klipsch are in your budget. I started the used process with some 87' La Scala's. Later to some Cornwalls and now have LS II's. Again...kind of a Heritage fan really.

Now as far as Kg line......if you want to stay "similar".....I can tekll you from experience the Kg 5.2's are awesome. I owned those for years. Pushed them with a Carver m1.0t amp (which is on Ebay right now). The Kg 5.2's shined mostly with Hard Rock, Metal, Funk. I never played any other vunue of music besides Country.

Sold mine on Ebay for around $300 in perfect condition. I miss em but just don't have the room right now.

jc

Mud, welcome! I think some of the guys that responded to you didn't mean to offend and they acrually have one heck of sense of humor.

To answer your question, I think all companies go though quality control issues from time-to-time. I've personally bought 5 sets of NEW klipsch speakers and actually had problems, from the factory, with RF-7's and RS-7's. Both were taken care of in a very friendly manner that I was OK with. Some folks thought the earlier reference line had speaker cover issues with plastic clip...i did...and they later changed them to magnets.

So, this was a very interesting thread....

AMY, your banned for arguing with Thebes whom very well may be the next president of the United States.

Richard, na na nanana...you got in trouble, nananannana

All other, keep up the good work.

Mud, hang in there buddy, before too long you'll be slinging mud and taking names!

Phil