I Think..........

bluesboy

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it's a hoax... that implies intentional deceit and collusion on a fairly massive scale. Our government has trouble coordinating something as simple as a school lunch program, I can't see "them" successfully implementing some kind of fraudulent scientific research involving thousands of people on a global scale to accomplish, what, exactly?

Having said that, I am not convinced that man made global warming is happening the way it is being portrayed by Al Gore and others promoting the idea that greenhouse gas emissions and other artifacts of our society are the primary cause of a perceived increase in average temperatures. Yes, I know the artic ice pack is melting, the permafrost is melting, the western portions of our country are suffering ever increasing problems with tinder-dry conditions and widespread fires, the ozone hole over antartica is expanding, greenland is losing it ice covering, glaciers are melting and my refridgerator's ice maker is taking longer and longer to fill the bin, but (a) is that a new trend or a continuation of an ongoing cycle dating back hundreds of thousands of years, (B) if it is a real trend and something new, the systems involved are so complex and so huge that assuming that a few years of analysis by us, with our currently level of understanding and technical competence, can state with certaintly that we know what is causing it and it is us seems to me to be ludicrous to the point of absurdity.

After I get my son in bed I'm going to start another thread on something that really concerns me regarding renewable energy sources that I haven't seen anybody thinking about. Hold that thought...

One thing the climatologists neglect to mention about global warming is that our poles are shifting. The importance of this shift that we are shielded from interstellar/solar radiation primarily by the earth magnetic field, which is a product of the earth’s core and is affected by mantle and crust mass deposits, which are also changing. As the polar shift progresses the earth’s magnetic field will weaken, as smaller poles are generated at various locations across the globe until the shift is complete. It is a repeating process throughout the history of our planet. The weakening of the field will result in more surface warming, a trend that has been ongoing for a long long time. Is this the primary cause for the rise in global temperatures and change in climate? I do not know, but it is largely ignored by a lot of folks who are convinced that our green house gas emissions are the source of all evil. Don’t get me wrong I am all for reducing airborne pollutants where we can, but our green house emission pale in comparison to the emissions from massive geological events such as Mt Pinatubo and the like.

It's happening, the causes may be debatable. The ultimate outcome though IMO will be global cooling as the density of northern sea water becomes less, disrupting the deep ocean current which has served to moderate the climate. When this current slows or even stops, it will get a lot colder towards the north and south, and maybe warmer and wetter nearer the middle of the globe.

Well, I want to post before Amy shuts this down.

Climate change? Yeh. It's been changing for eons. Does human kind impact the change? Yeh. How significantly? IMO, Jury is still out. Well, we do know that livestock contributes more greenhouse gas to the environment than all of transportation, globally.

Personally, I'm not satisfied that Al Gore's climate model is sound. It doesn't seem to take into consideration that solar influence is melting the ice caps on Mars. But wait, maybe it's due to those little RC rovers rolling around on that planet.

OK for starters there have been several Ice ages, and there will be several more, man a non-issue. AG finally admitted that he is getting rich with this scam, and Liberals are more than willing to believe anything that means we are bad. Not to mention they want to tax it. (even if it were real, how would taxing help anything) The thing that really amazes me is there was a conference of over 500 real scientist in NY to discuss the climate, but since they didn't have a GW agenda it wasn't covered by the press.

For the people that love AG's fake charts how come there isn't a giant spike right after Mt. St. Helens blew ( more CO2 into the atmo. than everything man has ever done. OPPS forgot doesn't fit the mold, we can't count that.

Am I the only one who rembembers when they used to tell us the next ice age was only 30 years away.

The real problem is our being dependent on saudi oil. The answer is drill our own F'in oil, and build a f'in refinery.

GOD HELP US...... opps sorry god doesn't fit into global warming, you know if man is so powerful he can control the planet..........

And I gotta say if your gonna believe the "science" of global warming. Do a little homework and see how many of the monitoring stations are built next to a man made heat source!!!!!!!!

Global warming is CULT.....

Brac you are not the only one to remember. There actually was an effect from Mt. St. Helens. All the debris blocked out sunlight and IIRC temperatures were cooler for a couple of years. The cult is not the fact of melting glaciers (which have been melting off since at least 1850). The cult is the spurious extrapolations and the arrogance that mankind can control the climate to a stasis model. Let's say we were living with our current technology during the mini ice age of the middle ages. Would the prescription then be to burn a crap load more wood and coal and petroleum? What would have been the culprit then, since man has such a direct influence? Not enough witches burned each year? Or was manbearpig alive and well back then, and still survives to this day? Has mankind really changed in the last 10,000 years? My answer is no.

I think mankind can obviously have a negative impact on our climate. Not necessarily as predicted by our current models but chaos seems to suggest as our global population continues increase and stretch our resource availability, we will have an impact we cannot reverse using the current energy assets. I do not believe the SUV populous are the root cause of this but rather this simple math that predicts when you combined a limited defined area of arable land and finite supply of natural energy with a growing global population that we will adversely affect our environment and most likely our climate to some degree. To think we can affect the global climate to the extent of influencing another ice age or deplete our atmosphere to some similar claim is beyond being arrogant. Chaos math seems predicts our population rise and fall will have more of an effect on resource depletion than our choice of energy preference. Of course some day the sun will destroy itself and then this discussion will be moot.

I agree 100%..... Think of the earth as a typical 1000 sq. ft. ranch ( bear with me)... How many people do you think you could put in there and be able to live ??? water from the faucets only flow so much and could suplly only so may mouths... then there is the other end how much waste can the plumbing handle before we overflow the system and we would be living in our own crap.... like we are now... building on land fills...

The men are here with my diner jacket ( have to talk to my tailer again)

• Moderators

Well, I want to post before Amy shuts this down.

I don't mind the discussion of this topic as long as politics are out and it doesn't resort to personal attacks/insults. I'm sure there can be an intelligent debate on this.

Carry on!

..........the concept of man made global warming is a hoax. What do you guys think?

I think about it like this not necessarily as global warming. Are humans changing the world in a negative way and therefore changing weather patterns? If we are can we change it back once we go down that road? I don't know. Oceanic researchers have years of records and research that is much more alarming than just global warming. I pray we are not changing anything and that this is just a cycle of the planet but I doubt it. We were giving a beautiful planet so why not be good stewards.

Changing it back is relatively easy. The object is to get as much debris into the air as possible (Keep sunlight out) This would entail setting off a multitude of volcanoes (with nukes) being carefull as to the number as we would slide into an ice age. One must be carefull not to set off a "super volcano" which ice cores and sea cores have shown that a 2000 year ice age followed there with. Small problem with this method would be eliminatimg the human race. What the hell, it is a solution.

JJK

I think the center of the earth is really filled with warm milk chocolate.

Thank God the general public doesn't get a vote on scientific findings.

Why do smart people believe stupid things? Here.

Wrong wrong wrong, its melted malted chocolate balls...jeeeesh and your an engineer