Can somebody help me put this idiot in his place?

greg928gts

I've had a pair of Heresy woofers, K-22-E, the old style with the small magnets, up on ebay for sale a couple of times now. No takers at $50. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290237157336

Anyway, this last time I got an email from a guy that said "not klipsch". His ebay ID is "buffpuff3"

My response "What?"

His response back "not real KLIPSCH woofers just the tag is real"

I asked him to elaborate on how he knew these were not Klipsch woofers.

His response "the mag.,is the wrong shape klipsch has a solid square or a round shaped mag, also the spider looks wrong as well. look I am just trying to help. best of luck"

I then said that he didn't know what he was talking about, that they were in fact from early Heresy's, and that he ought to mind his own business.

His response "Dude I was just trying to save you from making an *** of yourself, but oops you have already. I was a Klipsch dealer for over twenty years. I will turn you over to ebay at the close of this. The speakers you have listed are radio shack with stickers."

So I'm obviously dealing with an idiot and I'd like to put him in his place. Anybody have any ideas?

Greg

post-11090-13819374968814_thumb.jpg

Block his email address on your computer, Ignore him and maybe he'll go away..............Basically just don't respond, ..........Good Luck Ebay is getting strange lately................

I agree, anything else is wasting your time.

or

show him some of your fabulous work.

I will let it go, but first I want to prove to him that these are Klipsch woofers. Maybe Colter can email him for me. Or anyone else here that knows about these woofers.

Greg

Why bother? People like that will never admit they are wrong so let it go.

I will let it go, but first I want to prove to him that these are Klipsch woofers. Maybe Colter can email him for me. Or anyone else here that knows about these woofers.

Greg

Why bother? People like that will never admit they are wrong so let it go.

There are quite a few like that around here (not referring to anyone on this thread).

Greg,

Thats a weird one. I doubt if he's interested in the straight dope anyway.

I guess you could e-mail him a link to this thread. Of course, he will suspect Bob is just part of the conspiracy for you scam the Ebay world over $50!!!

Since he knows so much about vintage klipsch, maybe he'll join the forum. Sure would be an asset.[:P]

I think he was being sincere and just trying to help. If he was really an *** he would have just contacted eBay and reported your "fraudulent" item.

Maybe but the guy is a "sub-moron" meaning that with a lot of hard work and diligence he may be able to work his way up to moron.

I say this because I looked at Gregg's ebay auction. He has over 500 feedback 100% positive and a link to a bunch of Klipsch restorations, all much higher quality than anything that I would hope to build. The last thing is that a guy with well over $10,000 of heritage speakers is not going to try to scam someone out of $50.

Gregg,

Send you should send this guy a link to this thread. He will get the warm fuzzies over how much we appreciate his "knowledge" and complete lack of social ability.

The guy is really just a total ******** Richard-Head [:)]

For the record, my emails to him have been very civil, and I didn't mix words. Nothing personal.

I told him he was wrong and I would prove it to him, and when I did, I expected an apology.

His response back; "LUCK".

Then, later in the day, after he obviously looked into it, he sent me an email with an APOLOGY, saying that I was correct about the speakers.

My final response:

" I accept your apology, but I don't accept how you went about this. I have a few words for you to look up at dictionary.com and study. Diplomatic; Rational; Discerning; Reasonable; Genial; Discreet; Judicious; Polite; This would be a good start for you. Greg"

I'm done now.

Greg,

I contacted buffpuff3 via ebay. With 299 feedback, and only a 94% possitive, not including neutral feedback, I think it speaks volumes. I don't deal with anyone who has a lower rating than 98.5% unless I feel I will never find another one or can pick it up in person. I also feel that 97% and below is pretty much a gauranteed A-Hole!! My personal feedback is 320 at 100%, no negatives, no mutual withdrawls, no neutrals... If you would like me to forward a copy of what I sent, just email me at rgordon@watchtv.net

Roger