Anyone know how to get blood stains out of a carpet?

sputnik

Are you keeping gas receipts from a lake where you took a fishing trip that also happens to be located several hours away from your home?

If so, you'd be best served figuring out a better alabi....that one was proven to not work

[:|]

But, seriously folks...

If it's a light-colored carpet, hydrogen peroxide usually works well. Pour it directly onto the stain, brush it in, let it sit up to 5 minutes, flush it by dabbing with lots of clean, wet (dipped in clean, cold water) paper towels and pressing down hard to try and blot the stain up into the paper towels. Multiple applications will probably be needed; buy the large bottle. I suggest you test the peroxide on the carpet for color fastness in an inconspicuous area first.

-Glenn

i'm wondering if enough subwoofers would vibrate the floor enough to cause the blood to detach from the fabric? (trying to provide an audio solution).

Perhaps, Discwasher II Fluid? Hmmmmmm.......

Remember just because you can't see it anymore doesn't mean it hasn't soaked through to the padding........

1st you need a good enzymatic digester to break all the DNA bonds

2nd you need lots and lots of bleach to fool the CSI's testing for trace

3rd you should pull back the carpet and treat the floor as well

4th Don't bury the body in one place...If you put it in the ocean remember you will need at least 1 pound of lead for every 2 pounds body weight to keep it from floating

5th Better burn down the house and the car used for transport just to be sure

6th Don't give the lame I was just fishing on xmas excuse!

Remember just because you can't see it anymore doesn't mean it hasn't soaked through to the padding........

1st you need a good enzymatic digester to break all the DNA bonds

2nd you need lots and lots of bleach to fool the CSI's testing for trace

3rd you should pull back the carpet and treat the floor as well

4th Don't bury the body in one place...If you put it in the ocean remember you will need at least 1 pound of lead for every 2 pounds body weight to keep it from floating

5th Better burn down the house and the car used for transport just to be sure

6th Don't give the lame I was just fishing on xmas excuse!

This post is just silly. Incinerate the body and dump the ashes in the ocean. No need to burn down the house, just pull up the carpet and tile the floor. [Y]

If all else fails, FWIW, I've had good luck using Fantastik on my carpet to clean up cat spit-ups and vomiting (my male has malignant stomach lymphoma), some of which was very dark and I was sure would leave a stain. It worked better than Resolve IMO, and hasn't injured the carpet or its color at all. It also has worked well on small blood spots.

I have not had to deal with blood. However, Oxyclean has saved the day for me with soy sauce and the like, at least when the stain is fresh. The stuff is a powder and you mix up a solution. I used an old, small detergent bottle.

I seems to me that it doesn't "store" as a solution. Therefore I keep an empty squirt bottle with a dollup of the powder at the bottom. When there is a spill, I just put water in the bottle and saturate the area.

With the stains on carpet, I use a scrub brush with detergent and the oxyclean, and then follow with a Little Green Clean Machine or a big extractor. You can rent a carpet cleaning machine at the local supermarket. This is very worthwhile.

In my experience, the idea of spraying and blotting out a stain is nonesense. This like Tool Time. Real men get the right equipment and strong cleaners, and do a good job. It is astonishing how much dirt is in a carpet or rug which a vacuum does not remove.

Best,

Wm McD