• Recent Posts

• No, you answered your own question, it’s the “government” thing.  “Congress shall make no law . . . .”    Point me to another audio forum, affiliated with a company, or just on its own, that adopts that premise, there are none. In fact, just making the post will get you banned. 
    • I'd say that McIntosh used the assembly methods and parts distributors typical of their peer competitors.  I agree there's nothing particularly special about their amps other than a somewhat unique output transformer design, i.e. the Unity Coupled Output transformer.  Even here however I'd be hard pressed to hear a difference when comparing to other excellent amps of the era.  My favorite amp from the late 50s early 60s is later production HK Citation IIs, the units with the Stancor or Magnetics Windings output transformers of which I have two in my own gear.    
    • Your vacation sounds like an absolute dream! I've been itching to embark on an adventure myself, and hearing about your island hopping escapades has me even more excited to hit the road. I've been eyeing some hot springs in Cali for my next trip and stumbled upon mklibrary.com for some handy tips and recommendations.
    • I am pleased to have found this older thread. I'm transporting two really mint 1973 Khorns from Italy at Lago Iseo to Cologne in Germany next Friday. that's about a 1000km drive. I am now in Italy because the area is absolutely beautiful. That's why we've added three days of vacation to the transport. Now my issue.  I had rented a van that was big enough but not too big. In Germany they call it a Mercedes Vito or similar, the size of a VW bus without seats in the back. These vans are relatively moderately sprung with coil springs. To my annoyance, the van rental company did not have such a car available on Monday morning although I specifically wanted to rent it. Now I got an “upgrade” for the same money. A car in the class of a Mercedes Sprinter. These vans are 3.5 tons total weight with approx. 1.5 tons payload included. That's far too much for the Khorns. If the Khorns together weigh approx. 160 kg, then the van is barely loaded. It has very tight leaf springs at the rear, it bumps and jolts when driving when the van is empty. I had already packed 12 woolen blankets and 30 cardboard boxes for the smaller van with coil springs. I didn't have time to add any more protective material. I'm thinking of buying a cheap foam mattress here in Italy at IKEA tomorrow, about 10 cm high. I hope that this will give me enough extra absorption/suspension if the van hits hard. I want to transport the Khorns lying on the front so that the bass chassis doesn't get ripped out if the Khorns are transported upright. Of course I separate the tweeter section.  I will remove the side grills. But I still have no idea how to attach the safety traps. I've never had a Khorn before. It looks very delicate in photos. Especially the open panels at the back are certainly not suitable for lashing straps. If anyone has any tips, please let me know.
    • Right, and there was a time where you could own people as property, and you could do whatever you wanted with them, and you wouldn’t be breaking any rules or laws. ** my point is is just because something is within the rules doesn’t necessarily mean it’s right**   No one is arguing that Klipsch is not within their right to do whatever they want on this forum. If you throw a party are you seriously going to tell people to stop talking about a movie you don’t like just because it’s your house and you can boss people around? 
    • Boys this isn’t the way I choose to spend my time so I’ve expressed my opinions and will leave it there.. 🙂   Take Care, miketn
    • It’s simple if I own the home and pay the bills it’s my home but I do invite people in if they behave.. 😉   Klipsch owns and pays the bills for this home/space and they do invite people in within certain guidelines to enjoy sharing this place.   As far as anyone from Klipsch being here is irrelevant and not required to enjoy this space.
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Peter S