• Recent Topic Activity

• Recent Posts

• Subjectively... Craigs MagneQuest VRD Push Pull monoblocks with lower output power tubes combined with La Scala II's...    
    • https://www.audiophilia.com/reviews/2023/6/11/49fkfmqfnubr67p4v3hwqf1mmlipym
    • Yup, one of Klipsch finest IMO worked well as a center with my Chorus II's for years. Also ran a pair in stereo for a bedroom setup I preferred them over the 75's and even the Palladium 17's. 
    • Post pics thats one hell of a system so don’t think anything less of it
    • Yesterday, June 28, the new album from The Warning, a group of sisters from Mexico, was released              
    • Hi, Look at the poster  🤩    : I have some RALPH Records records from that era, including Snakefinger Edit: I rummaged through my discotheque: I have from Ralph, in addition to the Snakefinger albums, LPs from: The Residents, Yello, Tuxedomoon               On bass : Michael Steele who joined The Bangles band a year later    
    • Unfortunately, there is no clear "technical" answer to this question. It has a lot to do with taste and personal preferences. Because the Heritage speakers are so efficient, some people like the advantages of the small SET amps, holographic sound, etc. Others like a solid sound with reserves and authority in the sound image. Then there is the question of which of the two concepts is fatigue-free listening in the long term. Then there is the question of whether a small SET should feed a bass horn or has to feed a large bass reflex speaker. Personally, I'm more in the camp of the solid sound image with dynamic reserves. A very classic combination is, for example, a Klipschorn with Mcintosh tubes. I like it best with my C22CE and MC275Mk4. But my older sand Quad34 with Quad 606 also sound very nice. From time to time I use a 300B SET or one of my friend's home-made 6L6 SETs with 3 watts, I think. But these are always just short excursions while I'm already looking forward to what I perceive as the "real" powerful sound.
    • I think this was in 1958  Just surfing YouTube for any surprises and found this fantastic little gem 💎    Toshiko Akiyoshi     
    • This LP was recorded in a volcanic crater (in Hawaii) in walks in some free-jazz musicians have wondered into something akin to rock concert  From what I have read they absolutely had a ball - so play it loud   Artist - Carlos Santana and Buddy Miles  Title - Live         
    • Hmmmmm. Interesting question. I own a pair of Klipschorns & LaScalas.   I have in the past, or am currently using,  the following:   - HARMON KARDON 430 receiver       25W TWIN-POWERED, STEREO, SOLID STATE   - EICO      HF-81    14W INTEGRATED AMPLIFIER, STEREO, TUBE   - EICO      HF-85    PRE-AMPLIFIER, TUBE    EICO      HF-87    35W AMPLIFIER, STEREO, TUBE   - H. H. SCOTT 299-B    50W INTEGRATED PREAMP-AMPLIFIER, STEREO, TUBE   - CARY     SLP-94      PRE-AMPLIFIER, TUBE    WELBORNE LABS   MOONDOG   3.25W SET MONO AMPLIFIER, TUBE   - CARY     SLP-94   PRE-AMPLIFIER, TUBE    NOS VALVES       VRD   MONO BLOCK AMPLIFIERS, TUBE                                 60 watts Ultra Linear/30 watts Triode switchable   - McINTOSH         MAC 1900     55-55W DIRECT COUPLED RECEIVER, SOLID STATE   - McINTOSH         MX 110 FM-STEREO, TUNER-PREAMPLIFIER, TUBE, type X    McINTOSH         MC 30   30W MONO POWER AMPLIFIER, TUBE    McINTOSH         MC 30   30W MONO POWER AMPLIFIER, TUBE   - McINTOSH         C 26     PRE-AMPLIFIER, SOLID STATE    McINTOSH         MC 2105  105W POWER AMP, STEREO, SOLID STATE   Which option do I prefer? Heck if I know . . . they all sound good.    
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      2.4m
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    TKTK