Heresy II to Heresy III

BEC

The tool that makes the K701 horn is very very old. The tool for the K601 Cornwall horn is lost.

I doubt if they'll go to the expense of making new tooling. It's very expensive. For now I think they're painting the horns but there is some pitting and slag in them from the molding process. They looked a lot different back in the day. When you bolt up the driver and install in the cabinet there's usually so little light that you can't see anything anyway.

For the squawker driver, the instructions say to look for a sticker, a dot of paint, or a plus sign near the positive terminal. On my new driver, there was a paint stripe near one terminal, which of course looked like a minus sign.

I took it to be a very wide dot of paint and connected the positive lead to it, with some doubt, but the speaker seems to sound fine.

On the tweeter, there was a molded plus sign just as on Bob's example.

Crossover inside the cabinet. This is where we notice that the wires are too short to reach the tweeter.

Bob

That is unacceptable. This just should not happen. Is there any issue in having a wire slightly too long in the cabinet?

Whenever I wire anything (most recently pool pumps) I make sure that there is extra wire so that if trimming or a repair is ever necessary it can be done.

Carl (CECAA850) I wish I had known that new crossover cup assembly size before.... I would have cut the new cup hole with an inset to make it all prettyfied.... Oh well.

I think it's a flush fit, are you talking about just enlarging the hole for easier installation?

I think it's strange you should need to lengthen wires to reach the tweeter. I reassembled some H3s that Michael sent me and there was no issue. Mind you, I mounted everything to the motor board and reached in through the network hole to connect wires. Yes, it's blind but even a butter fingers can feel where the tangs are and get the spade connector over it.

I'm at work now, but if Bob doesn't chime in, I'll try to get a measurement tonight. Here's why I couldn't find the polarity on the tweeter.

Look on the other side of the plastic thingie with the two terminals on it. One side should be embossed +. Mine has a dab of white paint on that terminal on the top (motor board) side.

From your photo, if it's the same as mine, the terminal to the LEFT (as viewed from the back with terminals facing down) is the POSITIVE

Look on the other side of the plastic thingie with the two terminals on it. One side should be embossed +. Mine has a dab of white paint on that terminal on the top (motor board) side.

From your photo, if it's the same as mine, the terminal to the LEFT (as viewed from the back with terminals facing down) is the POSITIVE

Actually it is slightly more visible with your glasses on[:$] There was a molded + on the plastic that you can see if you hold it j u s t right.

A pleasant visit here at the Crites homestead today. Daddy Dee and Tony Reed showed up bearing Whataburgers, fries and rings. Entertainment was provided by the H1 vs H2 vs H3 and a bit of Cornscala mixed in on the side.

Bob Crites

Not to begin to actually contribute in any meaningful way; but I want to point out that Whattaburger in Russellville ought to have a steeple on top. Most churches do.When I went to Tech (just shortly after the earth's surface cooled), the ONLY food in town was the kindly faces at Whattaburger. In the day, you could get a "double-double", large fries and a shake in a glass big enough to hold Lake Dardanelle; all for the college friendly sum of about 5 bucks. I met my wife in line at Whattaburger, and had many meaningful dates there. Now, a billion years later, I have traveled all over the globe, and can say without fear of any dispute; that place is still the best. When I am lucky enough to have business take me within 60 miles of the place, I always detour. I have preached the "gospel" of Whatta so many times to my students that they arranged a pilgrimage this summer. They were quite disappointed when they arrived just at the beginning of the family vacation when the place closes for a week (where do people eat?).

The place has changed - they have cool "new" indoor seats; but, most of the wall art is the same and many of the people working there are still familiar. What a great place and group of people in this cold, distant, "make a buck" world. All of you not having eaten there will die the poorer for the absence. I may get up and drive there tomorrow. Envy me!