Jubilee and passive networks - long and possibly inflammatory

greg928gts

Troll: Overuses exclamation points, often text is in large font, ocassionally colored. Emotionally all over the map, being overly enthusiastic and hyper-critical at the same time in an effort to elicit emotionally charged responses from legitimate forum members.

Ignoring the troll completely will either discourage their anti-social behavior, or enflame them to the point of being banned. Either way, a win-win.

I'm not a professional psychologist, but I don't really need to be, do I? The issue we're dealing with here is so *** obvious, it might as well be spelled out in BLOCK LETTERS!

I suggest you big, bad Jubileers read Alfred Adler's book entitled Study of Organ Inferiority and Its Physical Compensation.

Aha!!! Sometimes yah just can't resist it.... Normally, I avoid getting into a battle of wits with an unarmed man (defeated myself on many an ocassion!!!)... No matter what the risk entails, the target here is just too tempting!!!

So Batboy.... and in the "useful pscho-appendage" category...

Against my better judgement, and having nothing else to do as I listen to Abbey Road through the Klipschorns (semi-large surrogate organs) ...), the Belles (appropriately and modestly large - if but "squat" surrogate organs), the Forte's (nicely phallic in appearance I would suppose - mine are big and black... ), and in terms of some Freudian or Adlerian substitution scheme that would indicate a true confidence in adequacy, a pair of Heresy's,..... I shall "rise" to the challenge!!! (or is that "stand up" and be counted....)

In reality you are actually completely and "udderly" wrong. You have clearly not read either Freud, Jung or even "Men are From Mars and Women Are From Venus" (which is mandatory reading to understand the WAF Factor Phenomenon), or really studied Adler's simplistic overly ode to introspective inadequacy compensation.

No!!! what we have here is that honorable and traditional manly man compulsion (Freudian urge) to defend the giant "woofer" bins (and we can only guess what that means!!!).... Mommy!!!??? My horn(s) hurt!!!

That being said, and we need not go further on that... besides one of my favorite movies is Godzilla... size does count!!! and she was quite the fecund femme fatale...

And to further confuse the issue for you, and assuming that we, just for the heck of it, accept your assertion that Jubilees are somehow linked to a massive organ inferiority complex....

I pose the following challenge....

How do you characterize those of us with multiple "surrogate organs" (albeit smaller by weight than the Jube's) that seem to satisfy our needs (if you are gonna' party... don't work hard... work smart - put them in every room!!!) Is it an alien flying spaghetti monster psycho-cultural thing? (If it was a FSM thing, everyone would be wearing pirate outfits.... but that's another story...)

Or...

Is it just nothing more than a manifestation of our innermost desire to have surrogate "babes" all over the house?

And if so... Consider this:

When our wives, girlfriends, significant whatevers come trapsing into the rooms with these alleged manifestations of our deep, dark (especially the black lacquered stuff...) desire to overcome some inconsequential organ inadequacy, do they instantly look about and demand a "short-arm" inspection? Does it sound like this? "Hold on a second, there Honey!!... lemme' look.... nope no shrinkage here, baby.... The ole' amp's got all of it's tubes....."

Not.... Notwithstanding the fact that we get the "look".... the truth of the matter is entirely different!!!

In reality, with "multiple organs", we have truly demonstrated that we are not only adequate in every way, we in fact are far superior to the common audio person because we have overtly and demonstrably shown our true superiority!!! We can "multi-task"... and.... regardless of any "issues", we can clearly take the cause to any bedroom!!!

The gauntlet is thrown oh Progeny of the Bat Guy!!!

PS.... buy a pair of K'horns and you will feel so much better!!!

Here is how the Jubilee was to start.

KAIS4.jpg

This is how some are using them.

Setting%20up%20Jubilees.jpg

DSC01612.jpg

It didn't make it to market as a consumer product but it was so good it did make it to the pro cinema line for theaters. Extreme fans are buying these through some pro sound dealers and using them in their homes.

Interesting to say the least. Looks like P. Wilbur had a Klipschorn thing going there, but with an exposed mid horn and no tweeter, and then it devo'd to a PA speaker. After I left home while still a teenager I listened to PA speakers for my stereo and it sounded pretty good but those were your basic black stacks.

Theaters? No ******* way. Yes, home theaters like in your picture. No ******* way are these at your local multiplex.

In reality, with "multiple organs", we have truly demonstrated that we are not only adequate in every way, we in fact are far superior to the common audio person because we have overtly and demonstrably shown our true superiority!!! We can "multi-task"... and.... regardless of any "issues", we can clearly take the cause to any bedroom!!!

Please forgive me for snipping.

This is, again, not my professional area of expertise, but it sounds like it could well involve issues of gender dysphoria.

Please forgive me for snipping.

This is, again, not my professional area of expertise, but it sounds like it could well involve issues of gender dysphoria.

You could be right, but I had always found myself far more comfortable with as many babes as possible (although I will admit that since I married the love of my life I must now compensate with Klipsch speakers!!!!) LOL!!!

You're up!!

Interesting to say the least. Looks like P. Wilbur had a Klipschorn
thing going there, but with an exposed mid horn and no tweeter, and
then it devo'd to a PA speaker. After I left home while still a
teenager I listened to PA speakers for my stereo and it sounded pretty
good but those were your basic black stacks.

Theaters? No *** way. Yes, home theaters like in your picture. No *** way are these at your local multiplex.

Actually, they are at your local multiplex. Well, maybe not near you, but they might be.

Look here at the Commercial Klipsch gear, and on page two, you will find the KPT-Jubilee 535 stage system

http://www.klipsch.com/products/lists/professional-cinema.aspx

Most are using them as two way systems in their homes. Someone around here has a list of theaters where Klipsch systems are installed. You could go check out a movie or two at one of them if close by your location.

Bruce

Actually, they are at your local multiplex. Well, maybe not near you, but they might be.

Look here at the Commercial Klipsch gear, and on page two, you will find the KPT-Jubilee 535 stage system

http://www.klipsch.com/products/lists/professional-cinema.aspx

Most are using them as two way systems in their homes. Someone around here has a list of theaters where Klipsch systems are installed. You could go check out a movie or two at one of them if close by your location.

Bruce

Thank you, Bruce, for your respectful and helpful answer. I have never seen Klipsch speakers in a theater at all, although I guess some of those little square things on the side walls could be.

If anyone knows of a commercial theater with Jubilee speakers (assuming the speakers really do exist), I would love to hear them do their stuff. [~]

You could be right, but I had always found myself far more comfortable with as many babes as possible (although I will admit that since I married the love of my life I must now compensate with Klipsch speakers!!!!) LOL!!!

You're up!!

Since you married the love of your life, everything else is trivial.

If anyone knows of a commercial theater with Jubilee speakers (assuming the speakers really do exist), I would love to hear them do their stuff. Movie

You wouldn't see the speakers, because they're behind the screen. If you read the info on the cinema speakers page, you'll see that their being only 24" deep is a selling feature, because they need less space behind the screen than some competing cinema speakers. They also sound better than most others, but the people who own them already know that.

To find a Klipsch-equipped theater, try this link: http://www.klipsch.com/find-a-theater/

Okay, what I am thinking is that if the theater has little Klipsch speakers on the wal that there is a CHANCE that they might have BIG Klipsch speakers behind the screen. But if they cost ten large, I really doubt that I'll find any.

How about a list of theaters that have Jubilees, not just any Klipsch but Jubilees?

If anyone knows of a commercial theater with Jubilee speakers (assuming the speakers really do exist), I would love to hear them do their stuff

I don't profess to know which cinemas have which speakers. I DO think though, that Regal cinemas is a very large purchaser of Klipsch.

http://www.regmovies.com/

Perhaps if you have one near you, you could call & verify with them what hardware they're using.

Aside from that... where are you geographically? Maybe there's a Jubilee owner near enough to you that you could simply audition a pair in the home?

If you heard a pair in a cinema, my guess is, the cinema would probably have 10 speakers in it, not simply 2 so you might not get the 'Jubilee' experience even if they DID have some Jubilees in that location.

Okay, what I am thinking is that if the theater has little Klipsch speakers on the wal that there is a CHANCE that they might have BIG Klipsch speakers behind the screen. But if they cost ten large, I really doubt that I'll find any.

How about a list of theaters that have Jubilees, not just any Klipsch but Jubilees?

May I call you Parrot... ?

So, now you want a list of ONLY theaters that are using ONLY Jubilees?

I'll say unequivically... they don't exist. so now you don't have to worry about finding them (sheesh). I'd bet lunch that most of the theaters wouldn't even have a clue themselves WHAT they might actually have behind their screens....

So, I'll ask again (which I did above and you've not had time to respond to, HOWEVER, I think I also asked the other day and never saw a response to)

Asking again....

"Where are you geographically... perhaps there is someone near you that has a pair in their home you could listen to... I know that if you are in/near Knoxville, Tn, you are open to come by my place"

Your turn to answer as to your city... or of you are trying to avoid that... maybe at least state?

Batmans Parrot? Doesn't quite have the right ring to it. You could call me Batmans ******* Bald Eagle, if you really want to, but just don't call me Late For Dinner!!! [:)] or I'll be mad [:@]

You are sure backing down on things tonight. No list of theaters with Jubilees! I wonder why? Then you state they don't exist, when everyone else except the Best Buy clerk says they do.

Geographically, upper northeast. State, New York. City, Gotham City.

Batmans Parrot?

Oh no...not at all... Parrot was an old forum member. I do not nor did not expect you to necessarily catch that. Simply part of my stupid attempt at humor.

No list of theaters with Jubilees!

I'm curious... why would Klipsch as a company be concerned about keeping some kind of public record of what commercial establishments and more specifically, what the ADDRESS might be (as in which specific locations)??? Even if they do have that info, I would not expect them to publish it. It's enough that they say who carries their product... besides...how would Klipsch know that if "Regal" or "Cinema X" ordered $600,000 of their goods, which goods went into which location?

Then you state they don't exist

Because I think asking "How about a list of theaters that have Jubilees, not just any Klipsch but Jubilees? " is not only a silly type of question...the location with THAT criteria (only Jubilees) might not exist and is certainly (in my opinion) not worth the work it would take to find it... it doesn't seem as though you are too interested in doing the elbow work??? so why should anyone else? You doubt they exist? (Jubilees), it's easy enough to prove, if you are willing to put in the effort.

Not being too familar with NY, and too lazy to look up a map, are you close enough to take a casual drive to Rochester (NY) or perhaps Westhampton (MA). Seems those two locations are the nearest to you (which still might not be THAT near)

when everyone else except the Best Buy clerk says they do.

You can trust the BB clerks. I'm sure they know more about the company than anyone! Heck, I just vouched for them, didn't I?

[;)]

You are sure backing down on things tonight. No list of theaters with Jubilees! I wonder why? Then you state they don't exist, when everyone else except the Best Buy clerk says they do.

Geographically, upper northeast. State, New York. City, Gotham City.

What Coytee is saying (I think) is that there are no theaters that use solely Jubilees for sound (i.e. they use side surrounds and the like as well). And I am a Best Buy "Clerk"!

BTW.... Gotham? Come on man...