current CD player choices

winchester21

Sorry for repeating a worn out subject but I need a few current opinions based on today's market. I did a search but did not see exactly what I was wanting to ask.I just bought a pair of Cornwalls and a mac 2105 amp from another member. My CD player is a worn out Adcom 700 and I think it is ready for the trash can. In the 500-1000 dollar range what's the hot ticket? Many thanks in advance

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I did- with the hign end CD he played it sounded the best of the lot to me including the Mac. Of course the mac 275 didn't hurt the situation either

The Jolida is on my short list.

Check out the Rega's too, the Jolida and the AH! upsampled player, they are getting cheap.

One more question, do you plan on ever adding a music server? If so, you may want to look at a DAC with multiple inputs such as the Benchmark DAC1 so that you can play CD's through a transport and add a server. Used DAC1's are about $750 or so.

Someone was selling an Ah! 4000 Njoeb Troeb tubed CD player with the upsampler for $500 (A steal IMO) in garage sale last week....It may still be available

I have one as do a few other members and it is the cats meow.....

now if your thinking of getting into vinyl I could give you a great deal on a solid 9 out of 10 Technics SL1210 MG5 with a stanton cart.......[;)]

Yes I did- with the hign end CD he played it sounded the best of the lot to me including the Mac. Of course the mac 275 didn't hurt the situation either

If the Jolida is an option from you I can recommend hotrodaudio. Nice folk there (local to me so I got to audition in his lab). Got some interconnects from them also ( http://www.verastarr.com/) and was unhappy with the fit of one jack...done deal, it was rectified immediately.

Cigarbum disagrees but I can't hear the $K difference with his Mc CD. Sorry Bob, I'll bring some more scotch.

If the Jolida is an option from you I can recommend hotrodaudio. Nice folk there (local to me so I got to audition in his lab). Got some interconnects from them also ( http://www.verastarr.com/) and was unhappy with the fit of one jack...done deal, it was rectified immediately.

Cigarbum disagrees but I can't hear the $K difference with his Mc CD. Sorry Bob, I'll bring some more scotch.

I can also recommend the Jolida from hotrodaudio. I purchased one with the mini-mod for $900. Hasen't missed a beat in two years and sounds great.

Hey, USNRET, can't say I totally disagree with you on the $$ difference between the Jolida and the MC7007 for listening quality. The only caveat is, at short listening periods I really can't hear a whole lot of difference either, but for longer periods I can hear a bigger difference. I have rolled other tubes to get it a little warmer but after an hour or so the Jolida seem harsh and will get fatiguing.

Again IMHO, but the Jolida is a good short list item.

CB

Hey, USNRET, can't say I totally disagree with you on the $$ difference between the Jolida and the MC7007 for listening quality. The only caveat is, at short listening periods I really can't hear a whole lot of difference either, but for longer periods I can hear a bigger difference. I have rolled other tubes to get it a little warmer but after an hour or so the Jolida seem harsh and will get fatiguing.

Again IMHO, but the Jolida is a good short list item.

CB

Now I just I'll have to be the judge of that. Send the 7007 down for a few hours days, months of listening time. But sadly my recently acquired Peach has been boxed up to send off to JMusic for a repair.