What Does Bump Mean?

willland

Now leave him alone! I've got him picked out for a snipe hunt.[:D]

A bump pushes the thread to the top of the page. Simply posting a reply does the same thing.

There's basically two reasons for a bump. Posters wanting people to take another look at what they wrote, or in Garage section, what they are selling. This device is also often used when a technical type question hasn't been answered by anybody, or more opinions are sought or needed.

In others words, theoretically a bump brings more eyeballs to the thread.

Now a thread is a series of replies to one initial posting.

Now I'm really confused! What was I being offered at the bar? "Hey man you want a bump"

A bump in this situation is simply a refill. It's akin to saying "hit me" at a black jack table. Not to be confused with a bumper, which denotes a glass, usually beer, filled to the brim. Not to be confused with "hit me" in the wrong bar, which could result in being "cold-cocked", not to be confused with ...

Just ask the perfesser.

gees - i always thought it was like when you are driving, and there is a rock on the road that you just didnt see, perhaps it was a dark foggy night, and one tyre drives over it.. Bump..

now i am so confused..

Now I'm really confused! What was I being offered at the bar? "Hey man you want a bump"

A bump in this situation is simply a refill. It's akin to saying "hit me" at a black jack table. Not to be confused with a bumper, which denotes a glass, usually beer, filled to the brim. Not to be confused with "hit me" in the wrong bar, which could result in being "cold-cocked", not to be confused with ...

Just ask the perfesser.

A first for me to quote myself (a quote is the stuff between these mark thingies " ") but I just re-read what I wrote and I must say it's some of my best work. Sort of a comedic hiaku.

Most worthy of a bump.

• Moderators

Just ask the perfesser.

A first for me to quote myself (a quote is the stuff between these mark thingies "" "") but I just re-read what I wrote and I must say it's some of my best work. Sort of a comedic hiaku.

Most worthy of a bump.

A bump for Thebes quoting himself in public.