OKay... so who outbid me for the Brazilian Belles?

Schu

taking a line from colter, it weren't me. seriously i don't think you were out bid i think you didn't bid to win. BK-BRL should have sold for at least 3 grand or close to it. i sold my 77 WO belles a few years ago for $2500. belles are selling in the 1500 range right now but these come up about once every 5 years.

• Moderators

seriously i don't think you were out bid i think you didn't bid to win

Oh that must have hurt [:$]

Don't feel bad a few days ago I was watching an amp that normally sells for $150 used sitting at $47 with seconds left. The only thing wrong with it was the power cord was cut off, I quickly typed in $48 and within a couple of seconds of the end I hit enter, then it was over. The $47 bid won I couldn't figure out what happened, I finally noticed in a rush I forgot to hit confirm this bid ! dumbass

yeah... I am the corner dunce

the 1700 I bid that held till 10seconds left wasn't even close enough to the selling price of 1725... next time I will bid 1750 [:P]

regardless of asking price, a thing is only worth what someone is willing to pay

hmmm... thanks.

I dont use snipers(dont want to pay for something I can do myself), i just need to pay more attention next time and be willing to ante up. seeing as I have over 1100 transactions(99% purchases) on Da Bay, I know my way around fairly well. I was just being hopeful that 1700 would take these home in this economic climate... oh well.

now only if gilbert will accept an offer on a set of cornwalls I can skip over from TN to pick them up... not very hopeful there either

" I dont use snipers(dont want to pay for something I can do myself)"

Ah, but you can't do it yourself. See what placing a manual bid with 5 secs. left gets you. Oh wait, you are there, right now.

Seriously though, you will win more for less by sniping. Although other buyers sure do appreciate the confirmation that a non-sniping bidder gives them. Yes, that is worth more because there is already a bid for that, I must go higher, higher, higher! Where as the sniper is a thief in the night. One bid placed at the end confirming nothing but to the winner.

I would also endorse sniping. You end up saving dough. You see something that you may want and you enter what you want to pay and forget about it. You dont get caught up in the emotion. You can also cancel a bid if you find a better option.

J

I recently lost a auction by $2.53...................Ouch ! I forgot about auction sniper...............

i hope you guys know that the winning bid only shows the amount they beat you by and in reality they could have outbid you by thousands. you don't know if it was 2.53 - 20.53 - 200.53 or 2000.53. i bid 1800 on a set of cornwalls and got them for 900.. i was so happy i saved 900

i usually only bid once with 15 seconds left in the auction. you should never show your bid early than that if you really want to win. don't give other bidders a chance to increase theirs. if you look at the winning bid they usually only bid once.

this was no disrespect to Schu and again losing by 25 doesn't tell the whole story. the winning bidder could have bid 5 grand on these speakers.

I dont mind getting out bid I just hate the fact that when there is no reserve for some reason people feel they need to keep bidding to jack up the price, when you or anybody for that matter could get the product cheaper. Must be the owners buddy that does that. But this sniper thing sounds intresting I will have to check into that next time.

i usually only bid once with 15 seconds left in the auction. you should never show your bid early than that if you really want to win. don't give other bidders a chance to increase theirs. if you look at the winning bid they usually only bid once.

This is the way I found it easier to go about it. Except when I got my Cornwalls I was going out that night and I knew I only wanted to spend so much on them, so I placed my max bid and I too ended up getting them cheaper than that.

duder

I recently lost a auction by $2.53...................Ouch ! I forgot about auction sniper...............

i hope you guys know that the winning bid only shows the amount they beat you by and in reality they could have outbid you by thousands. you don't know if it was 2.53 - 20.53 - 200.53 or 2000.53. i bid 1800 on a set of cornwalls and got them for 900.. i was so happy i saved 900

this was no disrespect to Schu and again losing by 25 doesn't tell the whole story. the winning bidder could have bid 5 grand on these speakers.

^^Exactly... I thought in this climate $1700 was going to be enough to take those home... guess not. I dont need a sniper service though I do see teh usefulness for those that might be less inclined to watch auctions like I am.