So my wife found a guy in our garage today

wuzzzer

She went outside to water our plants and garden and our dog ran over to
the side garage door and started barking like crazy. She went over and
looked in the garage window and there was a guy passed out inside. She
ran inside the house and called 911. The police showed up and the guy
had no ID and gave them a false name. He said he had never been
arrested before. They took him to the police station and fingerprinted
him and called later on to say that this guy has a rap sheet that's 11 pages long.

He said that he wasn't feeling good and was just looking for somewhere to rest.

My wife called me at work right after it happened and of course I freaked out and flew home but the police were already gone.

Thankfully my wife was only shaken up by it. I don't know what crimes
the guy did in the past but obviously if his rap sheet is 11 pages long
he probably wouldn't think twice about hurting someone.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's why you shouldn't do crimes, kids. If you have a record and you do something perfectly innocent like sneaking into someone's garage for a nap, when the cops come, they think you're up to no good. It's really unfair, but that's the way it is. So save yourself some trouble and stay out of trouble.

Seriously, your wife did the right thing to call the cops right away. Maybe his record was for breaking into cars, or he might have some violent crimes on there. He might have been just tired, but it's just as likely that he was waiting until midnight to pull off whatever he had in mind. Bad news in any case. I'm glad to hear no harm came to anyone, including the bum. Those guys are as pathetic as they are dangerous.

My kids razz me because I lock the doors when they're home. Even though they're in their early 20's (daughter) and 19 (son) I still do it. After reading your story, I'm glad I do.

Like many people, they need to get clear on the concept that protecting themselves is at least as important as protecting their stuff. If a bad guy finds an unlocked door, he'll come in, or make a note of it for next time. Not good in either case.

Guy was probably looking for a place to cook up a fresh batch of meth. Thats scary. Next time your cooking steaks on the grill maybe cook one fot that dog of yours too.

Apparently you don't need to cook meth anymore, there is another method that uses 2 liter bottles and shaking.

Glad to hear everything is okay with you Wuzzer

Guy was probably looking for a place to cook up a fresh batch of meth. Thats scary. Next time your cooking steaks on the grill maybe cook one fot that dog of yours too.

Apparently you don't need to cook meth anymore, there is another method that uses 2 liter bottles and shaking.

I think you mean exploding 2 liter bottles with Mentos.

I think you mean exploding 2 liter bottles with Mentos.

http://www.examiner.com/x-7403-Tampa-Crime-Examiner~y2009m8d24-Shake-and-Bake-Meth-New-way-to-make-Meth-Amphetamine-Faces-of-Meth-photos-and-slideshow

It could have been worse, you could have found him in your closet or under the bed. Surprise

No kidding. I do always lock our house, even if I'm outside doing yardwork or anything else. Our entrance door is on the side of the house and you can't see it from the back yard. Unless you're on that side of the house.

I think this was the last straw for my wife. She's talked about moving before and now she really wants to get out of this neighborhood. Stinks because its a nice little house with a fenced in and nicely landscaped yard with a deck, garage, shed, etc. The previous owners did a ton of work to the house right before we bought it, too. New roof, central air, new appliances, new furnace, finished the basement, refinished the hardwood floors. And, with the economy the way it is, it isn't the greatest time to be selling a house. However, our neighbors right next door had their house up for sale for just a few months and just sold it.