What's BLASTIN' ?

colterphoto1

If yourLabor day weekend is like mine, it's beautiful out, and what better thing to do that labor around the house and shop on a beautiful sunny summer Saturday.

I've got Ian Hunter (Mott the Hoople) Retrospective BLASTING out of the shop on MCM stacks as I work around the yard- so what are you BLASTING the outdoors with today?

'Do you remember those Saturday gigs, we do.... we do....'

M

• Moderators

Nothing much outside with this forcast.

This
Afternoon

Thunderstorms Likely Chance for Measurable Precipitation 70%
Tstms
Likely
Hi 86 °F
Tonight

Scattered Thunderstorms Chance for Measurable Precipitation 50%
Scattered
Tstms
Lo 68 °F
Sunday

Thunderstorms Likely Chance for Measurable Precipitation 70%
Tstms
Likely
Hi 84 °F
Sunday
Night

Scattered
Tstms
Lo 70 °F
Labor
Day

Thunderstorms Likely Chance for Measurable Precipitation 60%
Tstms
Likely
Hi 86 °F
Monday
Night

Scattered
Tstms
Lo 67 °F
Tuesday

Thunderstorms Likely Chance for Measurable Precipitation 60%
Tstms
Likely
Hi 86 °F
Tuesday
Night

Scattered Thunderstorms
Scattered
Tstms
Lo 68 °F
Wednesday

Well... it's raining here in North Georgia at the moment, too. But I swapped out the 3.5 watt 2A3 amps and put in one of my 75wpc SS amps, and have Bela Fleck and the Flecktones playing right now. NICE! (Not as spacious as the tubes, but nice anyway.)

...and I work on Monday, since all the students are back and the college has classes. [:(]

Well... it's raining here in North Georgia at the moment, too. But I swapped out the 3.5 watt 2A3 amps and put in one of my 75wpc SS amps,...

Hey Bruce, Don't tubes like the rain??Wink
They don't mind the rain any more than the SS gear... [*-)] The two events aren't really related. I just wanted to swap in the SS for a while.

Dug out the old Humble Pie CD and took it out to the garage boombox while installing the door to keep the A/C in. My minion told me that since now I have A/C in the workshop, a door to keep it in, some stools to sit on while plotting to take over the world, all I now need is a kegerator, cheap amp and a CD player and a pair of Heresy's hung up on the walls... Could be the last refuge for simply BLASTIN'......

Don't go cheap on the kegerator gla51...I've been through several. Get a used commercial on on CL or e-bay...it will be well worth it. The refrigerator conversions are ok, but look like crap. The freezer conversions look nice, but with the external thermostat, the compressor in a freezer is not meant to cycle on that much to maintain temp.