You Don't Bring a Gun to a Snowball Fight

Islander

• Moderators

What is snow?

I think it's that white stuff the people from the North " claim " actually falls from the sky ! OK sure you think all us Southerners are dumb and will fall for a story like that ! [:|]

I think that guy in the story is just a little over reacting,[:o] I am a Detective and I have a gun so I am right all the time, you must listen or I will push you around.[H] he wasn't even called to the scene like there was a problem, he was just passing buy and felt the urge to become " Super Detective" ?

• Moderators

It seems the detective thought that hitting his Hummer with a snowball was a threat that called for immediate action. I guess he didn't realize being safe from snowball attacks was one of the great selling points of the Hummer.

Now that's funny[:D]

• Moderators

Note to self: Do not throw snow balls at the police officers...... Only bad things could occur.

But he didn't look or dress like a police officer, except for the gun. [:|] Although I probably would not throw a snowball at a car that cost that much anyway, that would make most people mad.

Note to self: Do not throw snow balls at the police officers...... Only bad things could occur.

This made me laugh.

When I was probably 10 years old, a couple friends & myself went down to a local park near our house. Fortunately, there were a lot of woods here and we could traverse from the park through the woods to our homes. Also... the park was closed for the winter so it was blocked from vehicle entry AND the park was a bit down the hill so the hill gave a natural hiding spot for us.

We'd be snickering like 10 year olds....crouched on the hill, trying with all our might to reach the road (more like 50' away than 10' away)

We'd hit a car every now & then and duck down the hill laughing. Oh... one tidbit I forgot to mention was, there were some bushes in the way of our vision so, we had to hear the car, lob the snowball PRIOR to seeing the car in hopes that our timing (and aim and distance) were all gelling together for a hit!

Well...don't you know that we heard a car coming, lobbed our snowballs when all the sudden, the vehicle came into our view and indeed, it was a police car.

As misfortune would have it, I think two or three snowballs hit the car and frankly, that's about all that I remember. We lobbed the snowballs and THEN saw it was a police car... we dearly wanted our flying projectiles back because we knew we were going to get caught and receive the gas chamber for our transgressions agasint society.

We couldn't call the missles back so we then hoped in the moment, for them to fall short. Well... they didn't. All I remember today is that we heard a couple of thumps as the snowballs hit the car. My only memory is of us dashing wildly through the park then the woods trying to get lost as we made our way back to our neighborhood.

Come to think of it, I think that was the last time any of us ever lobbed snowballs at cars. I won't get into what happened a couple years later when I got my BB gun..... [:^)]

Coytee: Been there, done that.... Nothing like being hauled home by the "man" by the ears..... That was, of course back in the day when policely people had discretion... Discretion = having your *ss beat after a quick phone call by the "man" to Daddy.... who had no sense of humor, whatsoever, and the inevtiable result was the second *ss beating when he arrived home.....

But, enquiring minds would love to hear about the BB gun.... really!!! It can't be any worse than the "let's play sniper in the storm drain tunnels" story which resulted in a drastic review of all that was near and dear to me.... especially my rear end.....

"let's play sniper in the storm drain tunnels"

Heh...how about sniper from the bedroom?

I had a Crossman pump bb gun (760 ??) Mind you, I LIKED all of my neighbors so there is no rational reason for me having done this. I meant them no malace at all.

I was probably no younger than 10, no older than 11. I would open my bedroom window at various times of day, usually when it was dark out. I'd stick the barrel of the gun out of the window and shoot at my neighbors house that was across the street. I usually aimed for their front picture window (large target) but I sometimes shot at their door (aluminum screen door). Again, I had no malice agasint them so can't give reasons why. I only shot at their window 2-3 times. If they heard it they'd get up...go look outside and hear crickets since I had already closed my window.

Where my stupidity came to play was one winter day I was going to go outside and "go shooting". Living with acres of woods and a park near me I'd shoot at simple things... a can... rock... leaf in the distance... even those glass insulating things that are on top of power line poles. They'd give off a nice "clink" if you hit them and they were far enough away that it was a real challange to hit them.

Ok....so out I'm going. Winter... I've got my winter coat on, we'll call it blue. I also had a pull down hat over my head (toboggan?) where only my eyes were showing. We'll call it red with a green stripe.

I walked to my next door neighbors house when suddenly, I felt the urge to pop a bb towards the folks across the street's house. I was next to my neighbors house, fired...hit the screen door so it made a heck of a racket. I was standing there rather prideful at my aim at this distance... and I thought to myself... "Gee...here I'm standing out in the open (daylight)... I wonder what I would do if they opened the door and saw me?"

Well... you got it.... she opened the door and there was the perp....across the street in a blue coat with a red, green striped cap on with his "rifle".

I immediately took off running AWAY from my home, down to the creek behind our houses. I was simply going to fade away into the woods for a while. I was busting hiney running down the creekbed when I came up to a friend. This guy lived TWO doors down and as my rotton luck had it... his father was a police sergent [:o] Regardless... the son was my age, we were good friends and he at times was a trouble maker. I ran up to him laughing, sayign something to the effect of "John.. (hahahahaha) you are NOT going to believe what just happened"

Well... the camera now cuts to the alternative scene... She opened her door, saw me take off. Saw that another neighbor and his son were getting out of their car of something, yelled to them for help, telling them that the perp took off running their way.

Father told the son to go check it out. The son being very dutiful, came down and not knowing it was me, saw the perp in the blue coat with red, green striped cap on, unable to see the perps face or smile.

All the sudden, my friend grabs me saying "I found him, I found him...here he is"

I of course, was not trying to flee from him since we were pals. I was very confused as to what he was doing. unlike him to turn me in.

then it dawned on me... with my mask on, he didn't KNOW it was me until he called for his father, I stopped to catch my breath... then his father came up and I had the perp walk back to my house to have a family discussion.

I don't remember all the details by now but I think I actually claimed innocence to the event.

Now, before everyone thinks I was some kind of a constant hell raiser, I really wasn't. My mother told me years later that although she certainly didn't like nor approve of what I did, she WAS kind of happy to see that I had the nerve to do it because I NEVER EVER caused or got into trouble. To the point she was thinking this isn't possible that my son can be THAT well behaved. Having shot at my neighbors window helped show her that I was more normal than she was beginning to fear.

That was the last time I offended a neighbors house... well.... until Jr. High School and another neighbor with the mushy banana on his doorknob incident [:#]

Funny thing is, I liked him too.

Moral of the story? Stay on my bad side! [Y]

"let's play sniper in the storm drain tunnels"

Heh...how about sniper from the bedroom?

Talk about sniping from a bedroom window with a BB gun!

Several years ago - around Junior High School days, me and a friend of mine was at his house. He went to show me his BB gun, so we decided to try it out. Saw a squirrel doings its usual traisping across the power lines. Well, my friend decided to take a pot shot at it. Well, what ya'd know, he actually manage to plug it. The problem was that the squirrel ended up falling into the transformer, causing a short and knocking the power out in the entire neighborhood! Needless to say, we immediatly closed the window and put the BB gun away!

Anyway, never a good idea to throw snowballs at a car. In fact, it is a felony offense in this area (throwing/launching a missile at an occupied vehicle - anybody recall the so-called McMissile Case that occurred right here in this area as well?)