Yusuf's Cafe' (Cat Stevens)

Coytee

I listen to Elvis Presley, Led Zeppellin, Electric Light Orchestra, Randy VanWarmer, The Cascade, Cheap Trick, Scorpions, Pink Floyds, Pete Townsend, The Police, Supertramp, Rick Springfield, Journey, The Beatles, The Eagles, Bee Gees, Fleetwood Mac, Stevie Nicks, Ray Charles, Nancy Sinatra, Jazz, and classical.

That's a good list [Y] (although I personally pass on Nancy)

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is a director not a hero. But does it matter whether he is a she or a he? I like the movie not the director.

hmmm Is it me Neo, or is your hero (director wise) causeing you some stress now that he is trying to become a she?

He is a director not a hero. But does it matter whether he is a she or a he? I like the movie not the director.

hmmm Is it me Neo, or is your hero (director wise) causeing you some stress now that he is trying to become a she?

so you are capable of separating an artist's personal life from his art ...

So are you saying his religion is part of his personal life? Don't get me started.

Religion is very much a part of MY personal life. I would think that it would be the same for others, maybe I'm missing the point.

So what happens when you get started?

So are you saying his religion is part of his personal life? Don't get me started.

religion, sexuality, political, or other personal beliefs..i consider these things to be part of one's personal life, regardless of how publicly known they may be or their effect on the artist's creations. I don't condone a whole lot of actions or ideas in this world, but I also don't condemn those people who believe differently than me. people are unique, and every one of them has something to offer ..even you neo33. so i should be paying attention and seeing what I can learn, experience, and enjoy from this vast world around me. my core beliefs are unwavering, but that doesn't mean i am inflexible or unable to change and grow as a person. to the contrary, but knowing what my core beliefs are, i am allowing myself a great deal of freedom to explore and interact with the world around me ..while at the same time not betraying anything i have deemed to be important.

i don't have a problem with you not liking cat stevens ..many people are in the same boat as you and for various reasons. I have a problem with you not really having any reason (or at least the strong enough conviction to state your reasons) and your general lack of consistency. my suggestion: cut to the chase and let tell us what you feel so strongly about, or shut up and see if maybe you can enjoy the man's art in spite of the fact you don't agree with some of his choices.

Hey Dennie pass some of that popcorn, this is getting good.....

James

Hope he made enough for everyone. Smile

But we may need to do a background check on Orville Redenbacher before offering any to Neo. Stick out tongue

Here you go guys! You'll have to share for now, but if the thread picks up, I can make more!

lurk.gif

Something to wash it down with?

Now this is just soda, if we need something stronger (somehow, I think we will [:S]) I can get that too.

icon_beer.gif

Dennie [:D]

I except no religion that became a threat to humanity. And I consider islam a threat to humanity. To the muslim, there is no freedom of religions. It's either islam or death. Mohammed is a murderer! And when you tell them straight in the face like Salman Rushdie did, they want you dead!

And I expect Amy to close this thread.

cut to the chase and let tell us what you feel so strongly about

I except no religion that became a threat to humanity. And I consider islam a threat to humanity. To the muslim, there is no freedom of religions. It's either islam or death. Mohammed is a murderer!

even you neo33

and history shows that "christianity" was of equal threat to humanity and responsible for hundreds of years of land-grabbing murderous battles. religion isn't the discussion here ..one's ability to separate a man from his differing beliefs and still appreciate him as a human is what is being discussed. it's possible to completely disagree with what a person stands for, yet recognize their place in this world and find something worth loving and appreciating. if not, well then there's no point in walking out the front door and interacting with the world around you .. i for one choose to live with people rather than apart from them.

Tell me something, do the christians tell their peple to crash 2 planes into the World Trade Center towers?

Do they blow themselves up and take hundred of lives with them as they continue their suicide missions to these days?

And don't tell me there are only a few of the radical ones...they are muslims and they don't care!