A Mistake Changing the TYPE Of Capacitors In Old Klipsch Speakers

ka7niq

If it weren't for the midrange i would be homeless

I will always remember that RCA Horn Picture Bliss53. I tried to duplicate it with a chihuahua sticking his head into an old Western Electric Trumpet Horn I sold to Jim Hunter of Klipsch for his Horn Museum. The trick is to stiff the horn with treats, the dog ain't looking for his masters voice, it is looking for food!

Guest David H

Wow, that's great. Look how many people are living in the mids. I thought I was the only one.

Anyone else?????

I know there are a few more of you dying to come out of the horn, but are afraid you might be unfairly judged. Please understand we are not her to judge you, however until you share your midrange experience you are going to feel just a bottled up as that soft dome you are protecting sounds.

Dave.

I had a guy call me once with a "crossover problem". He said his tweeters weren't working, but he knew the tweeters were good because he'd just replaced them. He was using a test CD and he said he couldn't hear the tones past 8kHz. "I can turn my volume control all the way over and I can't hear a thing." I told him his crossovers were probably fine, that the problem was his hearing -- and that he was frying his tweeters with his test CD and volume control. I do believe he was a little upset with me. He went through four sets of tweeters before he went to the doctor and found out that he was, well, you know ...

...Living in the Midrange.

Guest David H

I had a guy call me once with a "crossover problem". He said his tweeters weren't working, but he knew the tweeters were good because he'd just replaced them. He was using a test CD and he said he couldn't hear the tones past 8kHz. "I can turn my volume control all the way over and I can't hear a thing." I told him his crossovers were probably fine, that the problem was his hearing -- and that he was frying his tweeters with his test CD and volume control. I do believe he was a little upset with me. He went through four sets of tweeters before he went to the doctor and found out that he was, well, you know ...

Thanks for sharing that with the group Dean. That story always brings a tear to my eyes.[:'(]

Dave.....Living in the midrange.

Wow, I have a friend who I once told to check the tweeter in a pair of Klipschorns I was buying. I listened to the one closest to me, and he listened to FM hiss on the one nearest him. Said it was fine, put his ear by the mid/tweeter, said he heard it working. Got The K Horns home, found out. He is an audiophile too.

Guest David H

And, that reward is good sound,at least for me.

That's all fine and dandy, but are you living in the midrange? It's ok we already know the answer...Just let it out.

Dean, your story has touched me in a way that is tough to explain. I feel the need to share one of my own.

Back when I was a young tike (alot of you guys were already old) I used to adjust my equalizer in a V configuration, totally eliminating the beauty and luster only to be derived from the midrange. Now that I am older (and you guys are really old) I no longer use an EQ.

I am so living in the midrange.

Craig