Klipsch Southern Spring Gathering

CIGARBUM

Bob.

We are less than 2 months from the gathering. I'm very excited about it still.

You have sold some of your equipment and have done some mods in the interim sinch the start of the thread. Is there any chance you could give us a little update of your systems. Last I remember, you have three stereos setup with the cornwalls being idle. A room with dbb's, modified Khorns and modified Belles.

below is what i have copied and pasted......can you update this when you get a change and maybe specify your tweeters, midhorn and drivers in the speakers......

UPSTAIRS SYSTEM

NOS VRD Mono Blocks

Juicy Music Peach

McIntosh 7007

Jolida 100

Klipsch Inspired Cornscala's DBB

$800 worth of speakers cables and interconnects

DOWNSTAIRS SYSTEM

McIntosh MC275

McIntosh C-29

NAD 542

Yamaha PF-800 TT

Klipsch 1974 KHorns

$400 worth of speakers cables and interconnects

TEMPORARILY RETIRED AND RESTING

McIntosh 7200N

McIntosh MX113

Klipsch Cornwalls - 1985

Klipsch 1975 Belles - Crites crossover and tweeter

Marantz 2270 - Etched Face - Total Refurb.

Sansui 9900

Sansui 7900

thanks.....I apologize if it sounds like I'm creating busy work. I bring this up as you have offered incomers to bring equipment if so desired. I kinda wanted to see where equipment can be swapped. Such as maybe someone may want to hear a different preamp or amp in a system... Such as...I have a transcendent otl tube amp here I could put in place of your MC275....if you would like to know how that kinda design sounds...

jc

• 1 month later...

Man, I have missed a bunch of posts, been occupied on another project I have. Should have plenty of food and drink when you all get here.

I guess I will have to clean the house, get the leaf blower out and let her rip, scares the cats but blows all the junk out. Again folks, nothing fancy but I consider it comfortable.

So, come on no invitation needed, good food, drink, cigars music and good friends.

Can't wait, got any special requests, let me know. See you shortly

CB

If you mean South America, I can assure you that it's a most fascenating place

I have been to Lima a few times but where we operate now well, I think the name is enemaville or something like that.

Richard...you in?

The only way I won't be there is if something unexpected happens. I've already told the wife about it, perhaps 4 times so she can't pull the "you never told me about this" on me lol.

Besides.... I have something that I'm supposed to deliver....

Now that I know a leaf blower is used indoors, I'm definitely coming. I love the smell of engine exhaust. Seriously, I will be there. This get together is only about 85 miles from my house. Might ride the Harley.

PERU???????????????????

That is awfully far to go for a shoe show???????????

Call in sick- tell them you can't make it- say you were captured by aliens ( the interplanetary variety).

C'mon man you can make itDrinks

I am definitely working it. In fact I just got off the phone with my buddy in ATL (the one with the LPs I listed for him) and he has offered to pick me up and deliver (should I say anything resembling deliverance in relation to Bob's hide away up thar in them there hills?) me and perhaps another 8-900 LPs for a garage sale.

Seriously, i am working on a swap on trips and the wife actually said tonight that I could have it as my birthday present so we shall see.

Just gonna throw it out there as plans start to develop over the last few weeks.

I'm bringing the following in a trunk:::

JMA Super Merlin

Two McIntosh refurbed MC250's bridged.

Oppo CD Player

Inexpensive RTA measurement rig

Also possibly a Transcendent T16 tube amp if there is interest.

These are for backup and to potentially throw in other options if wanted. It is of little effort for me to bring em'. The main focus is to have fun as a group and hear Cigarbums stuff.

jc

JC, that's some nice stuff. Just from a personal standpoint, I would be curious to see how my stuff stacks up aginst some real nice equipment.

You know we always want to think we have the best, but in actuality there is always something better, can't wait.

CB