Passed her medical exam...

Marvel

For the past three years, I have been building a relationship with a beautiful woman from the Philippines. We have met as often as we could... in the Phil, China (where she has taught English at a college for the past 7 years), in Ireland where we stayed at her sisters. She just finished her medical exam, before she has her interview at the U.S. Embassy in Manila.

The good news is she passed her medical. A few more hurdles to jump, but we are so excited! I travel to the Philippines in a week, to be with her as she has her intervieiw with a consular officer. She has a great family, with bros. and sisters working in the medical field (the sis she is staying with at the moment is the head pharmicist at a local hospital).

We are so excited at how this is working out, now past three years.

Her interview is on the 23rd or Feb.

Bruce

ps... that is her with me in my avatar pic.

That's exciting news. I remember our discussion here about guessing her age. So you are traveling there to be with her a week from now. Will passing this medical exam create more together time for you guys? So she is pretty and smart, now that's a rare combination!

Great news Bruce, I know first hand what a long road traveled it is to bring a bride home the legal way. I think it took us a total of 6-7 years before EKyung (now Leigh due to everyday issues at appointments, school, etc with the name) became a naturalized citizen. We came by way of Seoul, Korea and met while I was a tech rep at Korean Airlines and she taught English there at the plant.

are you engaged to her?

Yes to all the above...

I traveled to China last Oct. to be with her on her birthday and to propose... [:|] It's been a long three years, and I will be traveling to the Philippines in a week to be with her as she goes to the embassy for her interview.

When I called her and she was still at the clinic, she was going boohoooooo... she had to have the sputum test (for TB), but she was also talking to another filipino who was there and laughing... I was sure sure she was teasing me, which was indeed the case. [;)]

If she is granted her visa, she will still travel back to China to teach for the Spring term.. back to the Phil., and on to the U.S. in July.

Whooooohooooo!

Of course, I think she is beautiful!

Bruce

post-7149-13819540244406_thumb.jpg

post-7149-13819567359566_thumb.jpg

post-7149-13819568688072_thumb.jpg

That is great. My buddy just got his wife in from Thailand. About a year and a pile of cash later she is in. Another buddy of mine brought his wife over from India. She worked for years in a neonatal care unit here and saved countless lives. This is how the American dream of immigration is supposed to work instead of breaking the rules like so many do.

All the best to both of you.

About a year and a pile of cash later she is in.

There is the money part... and it reallly doesn't matter what country they are coming from, it will cost you a lot.

This is how the American dream of immigration is supposed to work...

Absolutely! You will get no argument from me on that point.

Bruce,,,, after the interview.. she will need the CFO class..for her stamp on the visa..... and your set.. She can do this in Manila or Cebu

Ask for /Pay for the xpress delivery after the interview..for her visa... I think it takes 5-7 days or something like that,,,

Anyhow, your on your way, congrats!!!!

I can send a list of potential questions they might ask... the last one being, "Why do you want to go to Bruce in the USA?

And the obvious answer is, "Because I love him!!"

I suggest the Bayview Park Motel in Manila on Roxas BLVD.. It is right next to the USA embassy.

She will get the stamp at the seminar in Manila. Already have the hotel booked (not the Bayview Park), but it's an ok place that is close by. We're going to ask for her to pick up at the Embassy, since she has to leave on Mar. 4 to head back to China for the semester. It's gonna be tight.

Thanks for all the help, Roger. It got us pointed in the right direction.

Bruce