How Many Pairs of Klipsch Before You Are Certifiable?

russ69

Guest Anonymous

If 20 is the limit, thats good news for me, i still have lots of room to grow, so to speak.

Ask my wife this question, and she will give you a different answer.

I have had probally 50 pairs over my 3 years of the Klipsch addiction trying all of the heritage line. I am down to 15 1/2 pairs and holding !

4 1/2 pr Klipschorns

2 pr Kpt-904s

1 pr vertical Cornwalls

4 pr Chorus IIs

2 pr Heresy 1s ( which I dont listen because the woofer isnt big enough )

1 pr Academys

1 pr SW-12 subs

1 SW-10

How many do you have to get before the sickness overcomes you?

When you start to measure them in tonnage (ala, Colter [6]), you might have the sickness.

or, when you start putting labels on different hand trucks and/or rolling platforms so you can move them around, you might have the sickness.

Guest Anonymous

Uh oh, i just built my first set of carpet covered rolling platforms...i guess i may have the sickness after all.

So anyway, what is the cure for this? Buy more speakers?[:P]

Uh oh, i just built my first set of carpet covered rolling platforms...i guess i may have the sickness after all.

So anyway, what is the cure for this? Buy more speakers?Stick out tongue

You qualified when you purchased a huge sub and didn't have an amp to drive it with, now that's a speaker sickness! LOL Please tell me you have an amp on the way.[:D]

Guest Anonymous

You qualified when you purchased a huge sub and didn't have an amp to drive it with, now that's a speaker sickness! LOL Please tell me you have an amp on the way.Big Smile

Yeah i bought an Crown XTI 1000, i got a great deal so i hope it works, if not i will hang onto it and use it for my future Jubscala's.

I also woke up last night wondering how high the freqnecy response would be on the KPT 684. I know what the spec says but just wondering....hang on let me test it.

Guest Anonymous

I also woke up last night wondering how high the freqnecy response would be on the KPT 684. I know what the spec says but just wondering....hang on let me test it.

Although i dont have any sophistocated measuring equipment, i do have a signal generator. The KPT684 is strong up to at least 800HZ even.

This leaves me wondering if its possible to use the KPT402/K69A with the KPT684 in a two way config similar to the Jubscla, or Jubilee. Anyone have a spare 402 around? I think the Jubscala crosses at about 400Hz.

Any thoughts on using the 402 with the 684 in a two way config?

Certifiable? How about a liability instead? That's a lot of cash tied up and sitting around if you're not listening to it often. I had four La Scalas at one time. After three years of collecting dust, selling the second pair freed up coin to get other cool gizmos like a subwoofer EQ and amplifier. To my chagrin, they would honestly still be collecting dust with no guaranteed value otherwise. I simply didn't have the space for them. Probably preaching to choir here, but hoarding a bunch of anything, hobby or not, just isn't smart money.

I have owned around 15 pairs of Klipsch speakers ( a lot of the KG line; just about every one)......

I currently have just the Heresies (And HT setup) and KG3s.....

I think if you get a really good deal (like Heresies for $100; or KLFs for ~$300) it make complete sense to buy them.

You can always sell them for at least what you paid..... I have had the chance to listen to many speakers in this way.

There are those who use all of their speakers; whether it's for HT in one room; 2 channel in another; garage set up and DJing at the local school; etc.

The fact the LaScalas were just collecting dust for years just means you were not motivated enough to use them; or not passionate enough about music to find a way to do so. (Could have gone Quad set up; or added one more to do 5 channel LS HT).

No offense; but many of the fellow members have 15 sets or more and use them all regularly.

To me that makes complete sense; because music is a big part of my life; and quality music is important.