Finally, an RF-7 Owner!

SuBXeRo

I bought an rf-7 7.1 HT!!!! Finally one came up on craigslist and i hopped on it. RC-7, RF-7, RS-7x4, RSW-15. Woot. I am selling off two of the RS-7's because they i dont have room for 7 channels plus if i upgrade i do, i want rb-5's. I am also selling the rsw-15 because i cant use it in my apt. It will blow your shorts off and make the guy downstairs bald if i turn it on. I will be interviewing these new speakers for a bit and then wil decided whether or not i keep or ditch. I have rf-5's which are great so we shall see. So far things are positive.

The rf-7's are monsters, holy god. My muscles hurt from beasting them myself. For sure, it is a team effort.

rf7ht1.jpg

rf7ht2.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well CONGRATS! That is a great set.The 5's are good, but they ain't original 7's, nothing is.I would mention the 7's would do better toward the corner and farther apart but I understand you may have limitations.The thing to keep in mind is these speakers need room to breathe so you're only getting a little taste of their capability.I also would only sell the 15 if you absolutely have to.Your journey for balls to the wall can now end.ENJOY!

Dont feel so bad about the limitations. I am moving my system from a living room that is probably a little bit bigger than your current setup to a bedroom that is the same size or smaller than your current room. Although it is a house so i can use my sub. For some reason i still want to get a pair or original rf-7 system. Really looks great sub you deserve it. I hope you choose to keep them.

the sale of the rs-7 pair and the rsw-15 will definitly help recoup some of my initial expense and hopefully dwindle it down a bit. For now, the 7's are where they have to stay. They will eventually show their true colors in the approriate room. I would like to keep thsub for a future day but to tbh, i need some money back and i think i want to go with a different brand than klipsch for subs.

I bought an rf-7 7.1 HT!!!! Finally one came up on craigslist and i hopped on it. RC-7, RF-7, RS-7x4, RSW-15. Woot. I am selling off two of the RS-7's because they i dont have room for 7 channels plus if i upgrade i do, i want rb-5's. I am also selling the rsw-15 because i cant use it in my apt. It will blow your shorts off and make the guy downstairs bald if i turn it on. I will be interviewing these new speakers for a bit and then wil decided whether or not i keep or ditch. I have rf-5's which are great so we shall see. So far things are positive.

The rf-7's are monsters, holy god. My muscles hurt from beasting them myself. For sure, it is a team effort.

rf7ht1.jpg

rf7ht2.jpg

Very nice congrats on some great speakers!! I to would recommend moving the rack close to the tv and moving the 7s to the side walls. That will give a bigger stage and also give better bass overall from them to your lp (cause you don’t use a sub) can’t hurt to try it.

Ahhh, the RF-5s look like cute little speakers in the corner now. [;)] Those 7s really are behemoths!!! Congrats! I would say you have reached the Zenith of used Klipsch Reference speakers! There probably aren't a lot of folks that have owned the 3s, 5s, and 7s in a single year. I look forward to the review.

Sure do love my 7's!! You will too. I hear ya on the moving them aspect...They are huge!!

Such great speakers. Won't be letting mine go anytime soon.

Besides your Heresy project, I feel like you can sit back, relax, and enjoy your bargain shopping (that's where I am right now!).

Congrats, Sub! Enjoy those behemoths!!

thanks for all of the compliments guys. So far the listening experience has been good. I notice their sound is very very similar tot he rf-5's I would say the rf-5's are the more manageble size of the rf-7's Obviously the bass capabilities are different. I want to try and let them breathe as you all say, that may come in the future. If i find some nice HT furniture that can fit my gear, i can move them out a bit. Big thing now though is that my listening space is not very deep, having them close together is helping the imaging a bit and keep everything tight and accurate anywhere on my couch. I am not trying to create a sweetspot as that defeats the purpose of this HT IMO.

I will say, i have only seen 3 pairs of rf-7's in the last year and half, no full setups like the one i got. I'd say that overall i got a great and th waiting paid off. Now i can ease back off after i sell the other gear i have an enjoy for a while.

A note on project heresy..it is coming along, motorboard was polyed but still needs more work, i cant wait for that project to be done. Still undecided if i am keeping them though.

congrats on the new setup, keep in mind when you sell the rs7s or rsw15 they will probably only get harder to find, id put them in storage if you think youll ever want or use them, i have a feeling the interview will tell you your new setup is a keeper [:D]

• Moderators

Time to get a house so you can rock out properly!!

Sub, aren't you a realtor or something? Time to buy a house and get a sub!

That's the next step in the addiction, smart thinking Cornfedksboy, makes sense to me. [{]

Tell the wife/girlfriend (I can't remember which) she deserves a house, your thinking of her, [bs] is the next step in this process. [:P]

That is sweet!

I've been enjoying my RF-7s going on something like 9 years now (geez - been that long since I got the things??)

I am also using RF-5s for side surrounds (in addition to a couple of RS-7s). For the back surround, I just got a single RC-7 in the rear (in addition to the one up front for the center channel), so I am basically running a 6.1 configuration (actually 6.2, as I got two subs in this rig - a REL Storm III and a Klipsch RW-12d.

At least I am in a house, so I can (usually) crank it up, but even then, I still have to be careful as these houses are fairly close together in this neighborhood.

I am a commercial real estate agent, but i def need ahouse. it will come in time. the gf wants a house but we are 23 and uhh, yeah, trying to survive :).

I have the upgrade bug terribly, i figure why not if i can mitigate losses or make things pay for themselves, The bass is definitly different between the two, the rf-5's are just a great managele size, i almost feel dwarfed by the 7's.

Having all those speakers in one room is overwhelming haha, just not enough room. I sold my kg 3.2's the other day, just had no space to use them, sad, but they had to go. Needa downsize a bit, now i think i might concentrate on the furniture aspect of things and getting alarger credenza or some open concept stand.