Wow!!! Vick gets 6yr deal worth 100 million.

JL Sargent

• Moderators

Not me

From watching him play I don't see why he got a big deal ? To me he didn't look so great, although I am a little biased, not that I am dog crazy but some things are just not right to me.

as much as i love football and can respect the devastation that the continuous impact does to their bodies, $53 mil is just plain silly. But, I'd take it.

Like getting hit by a truck every day...

I can't fathom that kind of money either.

Not me

From watching him play I don't see why he got a big deal ? To me he didn't look so great, although I am a little biased, not that I am dog crazy but some things are just not right to me.

He got that deal because he plays QUARTERBACK, in a league that is quarterback dominated now. 20 years ago, it wasn't so much that way....a guy like Stan Humphries or Trent Dilfer could be very successful because the rules more effectively balanced the running game with passing. Given current rules, running backs are rarely a big deal anymore - most teams have a stable of three or four different types of RBs to use as interchangeable parts.

That said, Michael Vick is the wrong type of QB for the NFL game. He still seeks to "run first" or "run too soon" instead of pass. Good enough to make the playoffs, but not likely good enough to win a Super Bowl (which is what the Eagles paid him for). PManning, Brees, Rodgers, Ryan, Rivers, Roeth are better, and a case can be made that even guys like Cutler and Cassell are better skill matches for the NFL game.

I DO think that Vick is much more right "upstairs" at this point in his career than he ever has been. EVERY indication has been that he has "walked the walk" and "paid his dues", and appears to be a model person post-sentence. And believe me, there is a hoard of press just waiting for Vick to stub his toe, or say something out of line, to no avail. In addition to being a top 10 to 15 QB in the NFL, his post jail behavior has been a big help in his contract situation, so the 15ish Mil per year is about right under the current NFL salary pattern for QBs.