Finally Klipschorns!

SonicSeeker

Just set up my new K-Horns and McIntosh 2255 and C33. I was pretty impressed but I will be even

more impressed as soon as my wife gets home (with the fuses) since I

have been listening to them with only one speaker actually working fully

(blown fuse to the woofer) did not even know until I started messing

with the balance on the amp and had no sound coming from the bass

section of one of them. Wow if they sound that good with only one can't

wait to here them with both.

The appropriate statement is

HEAR, HEAR!

Welcome to the end product. You might get a little more, but you will pay disproportinately to any further improvement. It says so in the 8 Card, and I've heard nothing to suggest this will change until, as PWK put it, "...somebody invents a shorter 32 foot wave."

If you are like many of us your speaker envy is over and you can relax for the rest of your life and mess around with other things.

Klipschorns rule, the rest drool.

Dave

A dream fullfilled! What a great experiance. It really is a relief to feel confident you have that aspect of your system nailed down, they are the foundation or buiilding blocks. Now all your energy, time and money can go into improving the other aspects of your system around the Khorns.

They are a constant source of pleasure and amazement. A purchase you will never regret!

I would love to see your face when you get #2 up and running!

However, this still doesn't mean that additional speakers are not required for additional sytems in other rooms. (A little CYA advise just in case your significant other thinks this is really the end.)

So far wow just about covers it, but stay tuned for more.

I too have owned quite a few, with only one in mind, and "one day" finally is today.

I still can't believe it!

blue.gif

Congratulations Man, it just dosen't get any better than that!! welcomeconfetti.gif

It's only going to get better and better, so keep us posted!

Dennie

Was able to sample some more material today and as o.k. as my systems have been in the past there is just no comparison. It is not just listening to the music but discovering and experiencing it as it was meant to be with all of our senses.

Now you have to relisten to your whole collection again. Isn't it great to feel the music from them? At my place it's like they grab the wall and become part of the house and the whole room becomes alive.

• Moderators

Congratulations, glad there sounding good for you, a great speaker for over 60 years. [H]

At my place it's like they grab the wall and become part of the house and the whole room becomes alive.

That was the big thing I noticed about the Khorn, it turns the room into part of the cabinet, the bass sounds like it's from the front and side walls together like one big speaker.

For the "fooling around with them area".... Take a look at: http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/t/109618.aspx

Get them sealed into those corners, get rid of the straight tailboard (replace it with a tailboard that exactly matches your baseboard configuration...), replace caps (or look at the A/4500 crossovers) and maybe the CT-125 tweeters.

Have fun!!!

[H]