*Karma* - Steely Dan "Gaucho" DVD-Audio Disc

Rick

With my new aquisition of a Marantz Reference Series SACD/CD player, I ordered "Gaucho" on SACD earlier tonight, so I can listen to this great album on my new pride and joy...

So, I am offering up the DVD-Audio disc of it to another forum member to enjoy, free of charge...

Just say you're in, that is all...

I'll draw a name out of a hat to pick the winner next Friday around 9:00 pm ...

Rick,

I'm curious what your thoughts are on the difference between the two. I own a number of DVD-A and SACD discs, and much prefer the DVD-A discs. I own Gaucho on DVD-A and feel it is a phenomenal recording. I do not have a player of your caliber. I use my Oppo BDP-83SE for both formats, and as mentioned much prefer the DVD-A format.

Mike

Rick,

I'm curious what your thoughts are on the difference between the two. I own a number of DVD-A and SACD discs, and much prefer the DVD-A discs. I own Gaucho on DVD-A and feel it is a phenomenal recording. I do not have a player of your caliber. I use my Oppo BDP-83SE for both formats, and as mentioned much prefer the DVD-A format.

Mike

Mike,

I think they are both excellent formats. I have heard both great and bad sounding examples of both. I'd have to say I prefer SACDs, mostly because I have been able find more music I like on SACD. And since I purchased the Marantz, I will be almost exclusively looking for SACDs. You can't go wrong with either format in my opinion...

Mike,

I think they are both excellent formats. I have heard both great and bad sounding examples of both. I'd have to say I prefer SACDs, mostly because I have been able find more music I like on SACD. And since I purchased the Marantz, I will be almost exclusively looking for SACDs. You can't go wrong with either format in my opinion...

I agree with the above statement, but have found more DVD-As that I like than SACDs. My Denon DVD-3910 has been an excellent Universal player for 7 years but now has become sporadic playing SACDs so I need to find another...Fwiw, I can't imagine giving up either format and also enjoy some DTS music disks as well.