4-Wheeled cars are for wimps

Islander

I think the Morgan 3 wheeler is a far better car. Far more stable to put the single wheel in the rear, too. Hand made in England, and run about $45k. The engines are made in the U.S., and they use a Mazda gearbox. 0-60 in about 4.5 seconds. The Morgan company is over 100 years old, run by the grandson of the founder.

Would be lots of fun.

Bruce

http://morgancars-usa.com/

Real men drive 3-wheeled Reliants. Believe it or not, these were really popular in England for a long time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bIn_ZgHJaE

I just sent this to a friend and started watching it again. It is really funny. I love the line, "What I am about to do is about as dangerous as inviting your mum around for a evening of Chat Roulette."

don't say that on my '02 forum, those guys are serious about their BMW history and nomenclature. :P

Understood.... I had a 2002Tii with the air dam, fenders, rear spoiler, BBS's, Abarth, etc., back in the day (1980...), and I was in a wine and cheese class as opposed to "export bier" class...... Jack be nimble, Jack be quick..... LOL!!!!

don't say that on my '02 forum, those guys are serious about their BMW history and nomenclature. :P

Understood.... I had a 2002Tii with the air dam, fenders, rear spoiler, BBS's, Abarth, etc., back in the day (1980...), and I was in a wine and cheese class as opposed to "export bier" class...... Jack be nimble, Jack be quick..... LOL!!!!

nice! my '71 is sitting in my barn at the moment. I check on it every couple weeks to make sure nothing has made it's way inside and no mice chewing at the wiring. My plan is to throw a metric mechanic rally motor in there (bored out to make it 2.3L), fuel cell, minimal interior. It already has a sport suspension, recaros, and a vintage momo leather steering wheel, etc. While the term was never directly related to cars, I'm recreating mine in the spirit of cafe racers from back in the day.

The "Beemer".....

2011-07-18-16-16-53-7-bmw-isetta-was-the

gonna have to disagree/correct you here.. "beemer" was the slang for BMW motorcycles, "bimmer" for cars (like my 2002), and that particular car is a nice example of an Isetta.

We used to call those "bubble cars" when I lived in Germany in the Fifties. Dad bought my mom a Victoria Sportswagen for Christmas. It was a fiberglass-bodied 3-seater, with the upper and lower molded body parts joined together at the waistline, with a trim strip to cover the joint.

Not shown in the picture is the convertible top. Since my brother and I were very young at the time, our family of four could fit in the car in reasonable comfort.

The engine was a 250cc two-stroke, with electrically-shifted 5-speed transmission. The car weighed only about 700 pounds, so friends would sometimes prank Mom by lifting it up and turning it sideways in a parking spot, so she couldn't drive it away until one of the adjacent cars left.

post-23736-1381966626533_thumb.jpg