I'm Ready To Declare War

CIGARBUM

Well, I have returned from rodent elimation outing, I have procured the following" little mouse traps, big rat traps, glue pads. The only thing tht I could'nt find were the electronic eliminators, one women told me that they didn't make them anymore because it was a inhumain way of dispatching pesty critters. Well it's OK to poison them, it's OK to break their necks, break their ear drums with sonic waves, cats can eat them, you can shoot them, but God forbid if we use electric to fry them, give me a break, some people just have too much time on their hands. Just ordered 2 of the electronic devices from Amazon, next day shipping, be here tomorrow.

Again, if I offend anyone, I'm sorry, until they pay me back all the money I have spent repairing my cars, this is WAR.

Will keep you aprised of my progress.

Cigarbum

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, if I offend anyone, I'm sorry, until they pay me back all the money I have spent repairing my cars, this is WAR.

Cigarbum

no offense here.. i shoot squirrels and woodpeckers from my front porch with a .22 rifle.

I think I would keep that to myself, it sounds kinda krazy and woodpeckers are protected unless you have a permit, and shooting squirrels? Fine if you're eating them otherwise it sounds like my neighbors slightly off kid.

Cigarbum

no offense here.. i shoot squirrels and woodpeckers from my front porch with a .22 rifle.

I think I would keep that to myself, it sounds kinda krazy and woodpeckers are protected unless you have a permit, and shooting squirrels? Fine if you're eating them otherwise it sounds like my neighbors slightly off kid.

shrug, i have a different opinion on the matter.

I've lived in the woods for 20 years, got critters of all kind, three vehicles, boat and bike, nothing eating my stuff, wonder why? Oh well, just remember, everything that you do will come back to you, good luck.

Cigarbum

shrug, i have a different opinion on the matter.

Woodpeckers are Federaly protected, how do you have a different opinion? To the OP, I have no problem with trying to protect your specific property, just wanted to be clear.

i'm not questioning that fact.

I have a different opinion on:

keeping it to myself (you've gotta prove I've actually done it)

sounds kinda crazy (you should see some of my neighbors)

shooting squirrels and not eating them. (cant imagine too many people having argument with that one)

let your fur down and stop making assumptions. it was a flippant comment and you're taking this branch of the thread conversation WAY too seriously.

Assumptions? You said you set on the porch and shoot critters, what am I assuming? No matter it's your biz but it sounds a little odd, good luck with the neighbors, if they get out of line you know what to do,[;)]

Assumptions? You said you set on the porch and shoot critters, what am I assuming? No matter it's your biz but it sounds a little odd, good luck with the neighbors, if they get out of line you know what to do,Wink

I believe where he lives this is the norm and there aren't too many neighbors.

Assumptions? You said you set on the porch and shoot critters, what am I assuming? No matter it's your biz but it sounds a little odd, good luck with the neighbors, if they get out of line you know what to do,Wink

I believe where he lives this is the norm and there aren't too many neighbors.

that is correct. The area in red is my house and 10 acres. Sunday was a beautiful day and I heard gunfire from just about each of those areas surrounding me, which of course meant I needed to go out for some target practice as well :)

map.jpg

So i have two fenced areas .. push mower for the immediate future on the grass inside the fenced area around our house, and eventually a riding mower. Outside of that fenced space I hav access to my father in law's vintage ford tractor for mowing the ~7 acres of field about twice a year. Donkeys do the rest.

First Ive seen this post.

Bob. Animals cant stand ammonium. It is cheap. Several clever ways to put it around or under your car....rags...coffee cans.....shove one of those little hand wash tubs full of ammonium under the car after you park it. Even better....keep several of them in a row and keep them full. Then just drive your car"over them" when you park your car. Again.....cheap method.

Put a tablespoon in your trash....never get a varmit there again.

jc

When I moved to a family farm a few years back, Grandpa warned me about storage in the barns 'mice will chew through a tractor tire just to get at the cords to eat' which is true. I've seen them gnaw the high-temp fibreglass insulation off of wires. When they're hungry they'll try about anything. Traps under large low shelving (so the cats can't get to it) was my answer. Like the idea of the neighbor's basement window. I'd use mine for presents of owners of misbehaving dogs.

becareful what you spray your car with.....google wikki it to see if it's corrossive (hint , hint). I think amonia is an alkaline which is listed as corrosive.

If you electrocute the varmit's you won't have to worry about acids, base's, alkalines

post-22082-13819685967766_thumb.png