I AM SHOCKED.......MADE IN CHINA !!!!....... Question for forum......

MRC2011

Based on the brand recognition and the history of the company, I ASSUMED that I was purchasing speakers made in America. I thought that some of the lower lines might be mass produced (in the U.S.A.) and lack the quality control, fit and finish of the upper lines, but I never even considered CHINA !!!! I know I purchase products made in China everyday because it is the way of the world today. However, I usually justify it with the offset of the savings realized. I don't expect spend money on high end luxury items to have them made in China!!! How can they charge these prices for Chinese products?

Are there any KLIPSCH speakers still made in America? Or do I need to resort to buying older used Klipsch speakers? I see that the Reference series speakers are tagged MADE IN CHINA.

Please tell me which KLIPSCH series of speakers (new or used) to llok for to have them made in AMERICA!!!!

MADE IN CHINA = MADE FOR PROFIT NOT QUALITY!!!!! ANYTHING MADE IN CHINA SHOULD BE SOLD FOR 40-50% OF U.S.A. LIST PRICE!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Based on the brand recognition and the history of the company, I ASSUMED that I was purchasing speakers made in America. I thought that some of the lower lines might be mass produced (in the U.S.A.) and lack the quality control, fit and finish of the upper lines, but I never even considered CHINA !!!! I know I purchase products made in China everyday because it is the way of the world today. However, I usually justify it with the offset of the savings realized. I don't expect spend money on high end luxury items to have them made in China!!! How can they charge these prices for Chinese products?

Are there any KLIPSCH speakers still made in America? Or do I need to resort to buying older used Klipsch speakers? I see that the Reference series speakers are tagged MADE IN CHINA.

Please tell me which KLIPSCH series of speakers (new or used) to llok for to have them made in AMERICA!!!!

MADE IN CHINA = MADE FOR PROFIT NOT QUALITY!!!!! ANYTHING MADE IN CHINA SHOULD BE SOLD FOR 40-50% OF U.S.A. LIST PRICE!!!!!!

You would not be able to afford quality speakers if they are made in America. The labor cost here is about 100 times the labor cost in China. The meaning of Capitalism is made for profit not quality.

• Like 1

OK, timeout, with all due respect, The people comment is way out of line and it offends me. This conversation is not about Chinese people, we were all created in the image of God, end of that, so chill. I think the point is being missed, This is about economics.

Klipsch speakers started out being made in America, and people paid for that product because of its superior quality. Then at some point they stated being made in China for considerably less than what they cost to make here in the US and at the same time without the quality control safeguards that were in place before. Anyone have a quality control sticker with the technicians name that built and tested a Klipsch speaker made in China? I doubt it. Did Klipsch start charging less when they contracted companies for all the cheap Chinese labor? No way! The savings was not to provide the consumer with a lower pricepoint product, but to increase profits for the company. Items are produced in China to exploit the low cost of raw materials and labor, and also to circumvent environmental and quality controls in the name of increased profits. Anyone have a high-end receiver or amp made in China? I would like to know about it. Mine were made in Japan, and I am sure many would acknowledge Japans quality in building high-end electronics.

If people ever took time to understand the process of contracting to have products made in China, and the huge profits that are milked out of evey item before they reach the US consumer, they would be apalled. I have friends in the import/export business that laugh about the huge markup on products from China. Understand that products are not made in America because the labor is too expensive, they are not made in America because of greed.

Some people might call use of a people for cheap labor, capitalism, others might call it a form of exploitation.

I would prefer to purchase used Klipsch speakers made in the US, over new Klipsch speakers made in China, now that I am aware of the difference. Although, all of the Klipsch speakers I own were made in China. Side note my old Polk speakers I retired were made in the USA.

Does anyone know when Klipsch starting selling speakers made in China?

Some of the lines are still cut/built here in the USA. Heritage, Cinema and probably more that I don't know about.

I also understand there was a recent announcement that they are moving some of the China production back to the US. (not sure how much as I don't pay attention to all these things)

I bet Chinese folks are really miffed at the expensive Chinese food made here in America !!!! Boy is it crap!!!! Especially here in Florida !!! Had some last night and I wanted to barf!! What happened to good Chinese restruants ???? They don't even know what they are now. Chinese/Thai/sushi/Korean mish mash .... Some of the menus are like Encyclopedia britanica .....

no offence to any nationality but They got one half Asian girl up front for appearances, a Cuban cook, three Haitian asst. and a Peruvian waitress with a fake accent. WTF !!! All I want is some frigin wonton soup that doesn't taste like the miso soup strained out. And speaking if miso , that wouldn't be bad if it didn't come out of a package , but If I wanted Japanese I'd go to the soul food joint because they do it better than the Thai guy making sushi at the sushi place!!!!!

Forget it.... I'll just go to the Jewish deli for a slice of pizza and a gyro... Did I leave anyone out???

:) :) :)

• Like 2

Back when I was at School, Australia was the greatest most best place in the universe as far Australians were concerned.

Then there was the Made in Japan, Jap Crap.

Or the Yank Tank Made in America.

I suppose every Country programs it's Citizens to try to balance it's Imports with it's Exports.

BTW Australia did not cause the Global Financial Cry-sis.

• Like 1

In our evening news this evening there was an item that JB HiFi would be importing grey TV's into Australia.

A Grey TV comes without a warranty.

JB HiFi is the most successful retailer with a Bricks and Morter chain of stores at the moment in Sydney.

They are actively taking on the "buy on line from overseas" and being able to deal with it while other retailers look like closing down or have already closed down.

The exchange rate for the Australian Dollar is making it very difficult for Australian Manufactures and many are now based "off shore" or the brand has been sold to an "off shore" company.

Maybe I should stop buying products from America.

'Made in China' does represent something more than just participation in a global economy. China has some very egregious labor issues and its populace isn't provided any options. For all intents it can be considered a slave institution. China also manipulates the monetary arena balanced in its favor. And quality control isn't China's strong point either. But many outrages exist about China. Even though China's economy is robust and this country owes China mega$$$$$$, America to this day gives sends China foreign aid $$$$$ in the millions. These are some weird times to be sure.

• Like 1

Don't worry China will eventually get a working class that demands better wages conditions and production prices will go up and production will move to yet another cheaper country. You see we want the cheapest products and thats what we are getting.

What do you think Sam Walton would do if he could see the modern Walmart? I remember the made in usa signs and stickers in Walmarts years ago... Times they change.

If Klipsch did not manufacture in China when they did, and with the models that they did...............they might not exist now. It wasn't just to make more money by taking cost out of the product, it was to compete successfully and to survive. Look at the audio companies that went out of business or that got eaten up.

I used to think I didn't agree with some of Fred's biggest decisions but the guy has been a phenominal strategist during a time when people were forced to virtually stop buying toys to save their homes. The last thing I would want to be trying to do during the last 4-5 years is trying to sell audio equipment. Klipsch figured that whole economy collapse out and made money at it.

You can see now that the Klipsch startegy to use China as/when needed but somehow afford to not stop manufacturing in the US.....was brilliant. China raises prices or has quality issues, and Klipsch still has their own factory Most other companies sold all that off and are now stuck with higher Chinese prices and quality issues.

• Like 2

• Chad locked this topic