Took my kids to a movie today; shouldn't have

USNRET

Well, since it is a holiday for me and I figure why not take the family out. On the way home my son commented on seeing his school bus. What? A school bus on the right time of day but it is a holiday, right?

Nope, no hoilday and I just blew two perfect attendence records. The kids are po'd.

If I took my kids to the movies instead of school, they would declare me "Best Dad Ever" for at least a week.

SWMBO might be a little peeved, probably would depend on what we saw.

Think I might actually do this on purpose when "The Hobbit" comes out if they aren't already released for Christmas break.

Lou

• Like 1

Took the kids to Disneyland knowing it was a midweek school day. They were both in elementary school and we didn't think they'd miss too much and we could have a much less crowded D-land magic day. Well the school did eventually find out and we got yelled at by people we actually respected. Worse than that? The D-land trip day happened to be 'Armed Forces Day' and the place was packed anyway.

I have yet to exerience a single event in my years since grade school (12+) that required perfect attendance. i think you've actually spared them from the years of ridicule and torment which follow "perfect attendance" kids.

I've seen kids literally sick and at school because they didn't want to ruin their attendance record. I'm sure other children got sick being exposed to them.

Here, the school holidays are local school employee union politics of the worst sort. They vote and "present" the days off to the school board that they have over the "contract barrel". They refuse to honor veterans (November), but they sure pick another day honoring a clear political agenda... And a "religious" holiday....