Need a new receiver

roaddog359

I don't think it passes audio along with the video signal over HDMI. I don't know if any TVs can do it, but you can use the digital coax/optical out or just use component outs on the source to a separate input on your TV, or if your source has 2 hdmi outs, that would work better.

My onkyo would do that. If it was off you could still watch and listen to the tv as long as the input was last on tv when the receiver was turned off. It would send the audio and video via hdmi bypassing the receiver, so the directv hdmi to receiver input to receiver output via hdmi to samsung tv hdmi in. The receiver was always in a standby mode so it would bypass and go through the receiver without being on and playing through the stereo speakers.

• Moderators

I was setting up the emo Q and I noticed some speakers said reverse and at least one said Ok. What was that? Is something wired wrong or what?

Watch these Emotiva Videos. Lonnie explains that your speakers can be "Out of Phase" even when the wiring is hooked up correctly.

• Moderators

I don't know the answer ? I did watch the video and now understand what Youthman was saying, what I don't get is a few inches with certain frequencies can change it completely. I think I'm getting a headache. [8-)]

• Moderators

from what ive read, you actually want to use acoustic panels to chane your sound rather than boosting and cutting frequencies. sounds logical to me but i have no idea in that dept. thats a whole other headache. haha

Ok here is something funny, I have my audyssey mic from my onkyo so I plugged it in and the speakers test ok and so did the sub, what is up with that? Anyone looking for a svs pb ultra 13 in rosenut I may be selling mine to get one in cherry to match my speakers.

I lost my mic for my old Pioneer AVR. I went to Radio Shack and bought a Karaoke mic. It seemed to work okay except for on the sub. If you buy a mic, make sure to read the frequency response on the box. You want something that can go at least as low as the lowest frequency response on your sub. You also probably want to be sure the highest frequency input on the mic is better than the highest frequency your speakers can go as well.

Use Pay Pal if you buy the Marantz avr. if something funny happens in the deal, you can dispute it and Pay Pal will not turn over the money to the seller. A little hassel, but you will not loose your money.

Huh?.. the seller already has the money.....I tell you what, you buy an item for me, I'll give you $100 over the cost as long as all goes well.Then you'll make $100 bucks for your trouble.Sound good? I'm sure other members would be glad to offer the same, you could make a bundle.

Use Pay Pal if you buy the Marantz avr. if something funny happens in the deal, you can dispute it and Pay Pal will not turn over the money to the seller. A little hassel, but you will not loose your money.

Huh?.. the seller already has the money.....I tell you what, you buy an item for me, I'll give you $100 over the cost as long as all goes well.Then you'll make $100 bucks for your trouble.Sound good? I'm sure other members would be glad to offer the same, you could make a bundle.

Yeah I'm in on this. Actually I'm pretty sure I've narrowed down my AVR search to a Yamaha RX-A1010 when I get around to picking one up.

not sure if this has been posted, but you might want to wait for the Onkyo 818. Looks to be around $1100 and will have mult eq XT32

Looks like a pretty nice unit. I'll have to pay attention to reviews on it once it starts landing in peoples' equipment racks.

EDIT: Speaking of the Yamaha 1010, Vanns has a smokin deal on an "open box" 1010 for $650 bucks.

If I was in a position to buy right now, it would already be sold, but for the time being I can pass the deal along.

http://www.vanns.com/shop/servlet/item/details/538194241?i_c=CP-openbox-receiversampstuners

Was just doing some hunting onlin for AVR's and came across this.

http://desktop.toolshomes.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2532&offer_id=B003R7KMRY

There are several other similar web sites supposedly selling this AVR for what seems to be a ridiculously low price.

Is this real life?

This one's in Shanghai... It could be real, counterfeit or totally bogus.I ordered a micro usb cable for someplace in China, to replace a missing one on my wife's media player. Even with shipping it was only about $5 and arrived within a week.

Bruce