Now, what are we going to do after December ?

dtel

• Moderators

So they found out the Mayans don't think the world is going to end in Dec 2012, [:|] Just forget we jumped to that conclusion because only one calender, on one rock was found, and we just figured why not, there wasn't any good news that day, didn't really think it would take off like that..........sorry, carry on.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2018184471_maya11.html

"..and calendars that destroy any notion that the Mayans predicted the end of the world in 2012."

How does this have anything to do with the Mayans?

The archeologists that blat out speculative interpretations like this are the same people that can't figure out how to get their component subwoofer to sound right. [^o)]

So they found out the Mayans don't think the world is going to end in Dec 2012, emotion-8.gif Just forget we jumped to that conclusion because only one calender, on one rock was found, and we just figured why not, there wasn't any good news that day, didn't really think it would take off like that..........sorry, carry on.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2018184471_maya11.html

Too funny! Didn’t we have a similar problem? I believe it was called Y2K. [:|]

Then we found out that the count just starts again.[8-|]

I believe that the Mayan’s just tried to measure time in an endless loop and one cycle is ending just as another will begin.

It just so happened that the Spanish conquest of the Mayan Empire, arguably one of the most brutal campaigns in the Spanish colonization of the Americas, happened during the end of one of the Mayan calendar cycles. Then someone runs with that information and now the whole world is ending at the end of the next cycle of the Mayan calendar. [:S]

Edited by Fjd

I can't find any Mayan tunes on itunes...

Can you pick up any Yucatan AM stations on the Web? Lots of Mayans live around there.

What is an AM station? lol..

Showing my age, I guess. Maybe the Mayans are all listening to FM these days.

Maybe the Mayans are all listening to FM these days.

I would think so, they had it going on, they even used horns back then. Stick out tongue

Some of these news stories are just funny," Mayan Calendar 2012 Date Change: Doomsday Postponed, Maybe Canceled " Stick out tongue

What do you mean? After December. Won't we all be vaporized when the sun exploeds on 12/12/12 or whatever the end of time occurs?

(Actually I think it's just the end of that Mayan cycle and they just never got around to documenting the next one. Damn gun powder got in the way.

p.s. I'm all for the RIGHT to keep and bear arms. But who was the savages in this case? Or did the Mayans just disappear and it was the Inca civilization that who was it Cortez and his "men" obliterated. My world history is getting a bit rusty. And wll, when I was growing up, the history text books were a joke in some cases.... Peter Minuet didn't "buy" Manhatten for $23 of trinkets. The Native Americans vieed that as a token gift for being so friendly as they did not believe in owning land, but rather lived as part of and off the land. (or something like that)

Better stock up on 12 ga ammo before I can't buy it anymore....