Pissing off the neighbor......

bhenry

My neighbor just asked me if I had been home by myself today and indeed I was. She then (in a very passive aggressive manner) asked if I had been listening to my stereo and indeed I had been. She asked me if that was my stereo she could hear in her living room and I replied that I found it hard to believe that it was seeing as my stereo is confined to my basement and is on the opposite side of the house from hers. I politely suggested that perhaps it was just a passing motorist and that she shouldn't worry herself about it, but if it was my stereo she heard then I sincerely apologize for the disturbance.

I think I have just been busted. How am I going to enjoy my stereo at the volumes that make me most happy now?

don't take the route i did. When i got divorced, i moved out of my virtually sound proof fortress into a one bedroom apartment. to be a nice neighbor, i used headphones--four years later, i've lost 60% of my hearing and just had to spend many thousands of dollars on hearing aids (so i could keep my job). Get a meter and takes some readings near her house to see what they actually are. she may still complain but at least you'll know if the problem is actually you or her. some will complain about anything. a friend of mine said her neighbor called the police because she could hear my friend blowdrying her hair.

• Moderators

Maybe she's not pissed off. It sounds to me that now she knows whenever the music is really loud............that you are home alone!!! Send the wife away for the weekend and try it again.

Sounds like a good idea, he did say "passive aggressive manner", which could be a good thing ?[&]

Some people believe that they should never be able to hear anything their neighbours are doing, and that if they can hear anything, they're being disturbed.

Those kinds of people should move to the forest or seashore, where they can complain to themselves about the sounds of the wind and surf bothering them.

If my neighbours downstairs are having a party, I can hear it, but I don't mind, unless it runs into the early morning. By the same token, I don't listen to loud music after about 11 pm, and really loud music is saved for rare short mid-afternoon blasts.

My neighbours aren't bothering me, and I don't seem to be bothering them.

This was about 4pm. I just got home from and I had a rare moment when my wife and my son weren't home so I enjoyed some music. Literally 2-3 songs then I was back in the car to meet them for dinner. She was going to put up a privacy fence along my side of her yard last year because my 4 year old likes to play in the back yard and tends to make noise. I just can't fathom being miserable all the time.

No surprise here, but this isn't the first issue with her.

FYI: She is 100% NOT attractive. Even if she was- her attitude would cancel out her beauty.

I have had my system up pretty loud with screen in strom door and took DB metter out to front yard. It was maybe loud enough to hear cars driving by were louder for sure. When I door closed i have done tests and you can not even hear it ..other than the bass shaking the walls lol...Rick

We are a good 100 yards from any neighbors... After having the house wrapped a few years ago, insulated windows put in and new siding, You can't hear anything at the edge of the property. Maybe a hint with some windows open, but it's really too loud inside if I do that.

Bruce