The last Blu-ray you watched.

liebherr954

I thought this may be a fun thread to see what people are watching and give others some ideas of what to rent or buy.

Ill start with this.

colombiana.jpg

I really enjoyed this movie excellent picture and audio, a pretty good story too.

very good movie - she fits in all the right places

The Judge

00007044.jpg

The Judge is the best movie I have seen in years.  Rented it for 5 bucks from SEN, Sony Entertainment Network.  I got it over the net via my Sony Bluray player, which acts like a Bravia TV when renting movies.  When you rent the movie, you have 30 days to watch it the first time, but after you watch it, it disappears in 24 hours, but since the movie has a 2 hour-plus run time you're left with 21 hours to watch it again.  It's probably not the kind of movie you'd watch again right away.

This is a "must watch."  It is one of the best movies I have seen in years, and compares with "On Golden Pond" and "Ordinary People."  My wife watched it and loved it, and said she thought some of the foul language was a bit much, and unnecessary at times, that it wasn't needed to make the film believable.

It has a great script, great acting, the plot moves right along and is completely believable.  It deals with unfinished business, redemption, and tying up loose ends from the past.  The cinematography was great, there were many clever metaphors.  It is a "who dunnit" that has some twists and sad moments, but at the end, you feel like it was a good ending.  Brilliant movie, I can't say enough good things about it.

Sound wise I thought the mostly male dialog was a little bit muddy at first, not sure why.  It is 99% dialog with some occasional background music, but nothing special. Audio was played it at a level of 72, 82 is reference, and it was good the whole time, no fiddling with turning the sound up or down the whole night. 

I give it a 9 out of 10.  Not a good movie for the kids due to the language, but a great movie to watch with the wife.

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

The Judge

00007044.jpg

The Judge is the best movie I have seen in years. Rented it for 5 bucks from SEN, Sony Entertainment Network. I got it over the net via my Sony Bluray player, which acts like a Bravia TV when renting movies. When you rent the movie, you have 30 days to watch it the first time, but after you watch it, it disappears in 24 hours, but since the movie has a 2 hour-plus run time you're left with 21 hours to watch it again. It's probably not the kind of movie you'd watch again right away.

This is a "must watch." It is one of the best movies I have seen in years, and compares with "On Golden Pond" and "Ordinary People." My wife watched it and loved it, and said she thought some of the foul language was a bit much, and unnecessary at times, that it wasn't needed to make the film believable.

It has a great script, great acting, the plot moves right along and is completely believable. It deals with unfinished business, redemption, and tying up loose ends from the past. The cinematography was great, there were many clever metaphors. It is a "who dunnit" that has some twists and sad moments, but at the end, you feel like it was a good ending. Brilliant movie, I can't say enough good things about it.

Sound wise I thought the mostly male dialog was a little bit muddy at first, not sure why. It is 99% dialog with some occasional background music, but nothing special. Audio was played it at a level of 72, 82 is reference, and it was good the whole time, no fiddling with turning the sound up or down the whole night.

I give it a 9 out of 10. Not a good movie for the kids due to the language, but a great movie to watch with the wife.

Glad i read that. Had in cart at 22.99 on amazon and checked it the other day and it was 14.99 on Blu ray. Bought it and got it today. Plan on watching this weekend.
  • Like 1

Fury:  Brad Pit and the rest of the tank crew were excellent.  This was based on a true story and very realistic.  I usually don't like a lot of war movies but, this movie get's you into the characters and their plight.  This will be added to my collection!  Good constant bass and rumble using the shakers.  I will rewatch this one with just the subs when I get the movie next month when it goes on sale at the local video store.

• Like 1

Watched "Mars needs Moms" last night.  Bass was some of the best I've heard, mainly because it was tasteful and not obnoxious.  It actually added to the movie instead of making you wonder why it was there.  Very clean, very low, not a lot of nasty random rumbling or awkward sine wave sweeps that seems to be common.  Much of the actual movie was kinda weird but it was still fun.  Surround sound effects were nice too, very strong, wasn't like the typical ambience.  When glass shattered behind you, you knew about it.