Hotel Dtel

CECAA850

I had the pleasure of meeting dtel and dtels wife (Elden and Christy) yesterday. We ( my son, daughter and I) were traveling from FL back to TX after being in FL for a memorial service for my father who just passed away. Christy heard of our plight and our traveling and graciously invited us to stay with them on the way home to break up the 13 hour drive. What can I say, they fed us, let me play with their "big ol' horn" set up (which sounds amazing by the way) and gave us lodging for the night. I had a great time as Elden gave me the 5 acre tour and let us pig out on pork loin and chicken that had been smoking as we drove. They are very special people and I'm honored to have met them.

I couldn't let the opportunity pass to give them a public "Thank You"! They're exactly the kind of people that make this such a great forum.

Carl

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Moderators

Carl, I have to say...the pleasure was all ours. It was an honor to have you, your daughter and your son visit and stay in our home. I really enjoyed talking with Christina and Anthony. It is such a joy to see young people their age act so polite and responsible. You must be really proud of both of them. Elden and I always enjoy having Klipsch Forum members visit our home, and of course you and your family are no exception. Like Elden and I said to you "our door is always open and we really hope you guys will come back." Please consider making "Hotel Dtel" a regular stop on your trips through this way!

This is truly one of the most down to earth group of folks I have ever met. A lot of these folks are like family. Dave, my prayers continue for Ron and for you and your family. Coytee.....don't make me get started on you! !!! To the rest of you (of course this also includes Coytee, Dave and Ron)....I hope we get to spend some time together real soon.

Again, Carl we hope you and your family will make us a regular stop on future visits...wish we could have spent more time visiting. On the other hand, we are really glad you took us up on our offer and stopped in for a hot meal and hopefully a good night's rest!

To the rest of you (of course this also includes Coytee, Dave and Ron)....I hope we get to spend some time together real soon.

If i'm ever in the area, i'll give you enough warning so you can lock the doors and turn out the lights. I'm sure Amy just lets me stay on the forum because i'm thousands of miles from most of you. However from talking to you two on the forum in the past, you do sound like real cool people. You folks probably own utensils and everything, huh? (Elden will be able to figure that one out). I'm sure Carl enjoyed the visit and it was nice of you to take him in. Hope you all are doing great--and of course, if you two are ever out in crazy beautiful Southern California, please let me know. I'll do my best to be hospitable; but you'd better bring your own forks, just in case. Steve

• Moderators

It was really nice to meet Carl and two of his great kids, it really was, I wish it was because of better circumstances. Very nice people and I really appreciate that they took the time out to stop by and going out of their way to get here.

I was sitting at the table today talking with my mother, a couple of days ago I told her you were going to stop by and she asked me if we ever met in person, I told her no but I had talked with you many times. She said oh with that speaker thing on the computer ? I said yes, we never met in person but I feel like I know him, she said they were really nice, she didn't miss much, she remembered everyones names and even how old the kids were.

The gift was/is very nice, it's a really different Liqueur I have never heard of but really glad to get to try, Wild Turkey American Honey. Very smooth with a great mix of real Honey, and I love honey, I would have never thought about the two together but it's really good. Thank you, you really shouldn't have, but I am really glad I got to try it, I would never have found it on my own.

Any time you are anywhere close, just let us know, you and the family are welcome anytime.

• Moderators

That's nice of everyone to say nice things, but really it's our pleasure, everyone from the forum that has come by here and everyone else we have met from the forum in Indy, Hope and even at there homes have been VERY nice, it's been our pleasure.

I was talking with my mother today about this, it's really strange, for a group of people of all different ages and from many different parts of the country and with jobs from one end of the spectrum to the other, every gets along well. People seem to get along even better when we meet in person, at everything we have been to for Klipsch there has never been any problems at all in any way. She said it has got to be the one thing all of you have in common, speakers and music, I think she's right.

• Moderators

If i'm ever in the area, i'll give you enough warning so you can lock the doors and turn out the lights. I'm sure Amy just lets me stay on the forum because i'm thousands of miles from most of you. However from talking to you two on the forum in the past, you do sound like real cool people. You folks probably own utensils and everything, huh? (Elden will be able to figure that one out). I'm sure Carl enjoyed the visit and it was nice of you to take him in. Hope you all are doing great--and of course, if you two are ever out in crazy beautiful Southern California, please let me know. I'll do my best to be hospitable; but you'd better bring your own forks, just in case. Steve

Anytime your a couple thousand miles away from home stop by, and yes if I get lost and end up in California I will be looking you up, and would want to go sneak up on Fini and just knock on his door just to see his face. [:o]

Yes we have a few forks and spoons and knives, I doubt if any match, that's why my coffee taste different every time, the spoons are probably 30 different sizes ?

The gift was/is very nice, it's a really different Liqueur I have never heard of but really glad to get to try, Wild Turkey American Honey. Very smooth with a great mix of real Honey, and I love honey, I would have never thought about the two together but it's really good. Thank you, you really shouldn't have, but I am really glad I got to try it, I would never have found it on my own.

There's no way I could show up under those circumstances empty handed. Glad you enjoyed it! [D]