Now for a new receiver...

eagle98

The puzzle pieces are coming together...

I now have a sweet Klipsch RF-83 system with an RC-64 center and a RT-12d subwoofer. If I had some RS-52s, I'd have the original set that came with the entire RF-83 system.

Now I need a receiver.

I want to keep the receiver under $1k, but if there was an awesome one slightly over $1k that would provide me a much better product, I'd be willing to splurge a little bit.

I've been looking at Marantz, Integra, and Denon, but not sure what exactly I want yet.

Any suggestions?

Eagle,

Please also include the Onkyo line of receivers, as there are some great deals on them out there. We use two PR-5508 processors and are very happy with the results. If it makes any difference, they replaced Sony STR DA5300ES receivers, as we have a few amps that we switch between on various systems.

The others that you have listed are also great choices. Onkyo IS Integra....same components internally and a pretty large price difference...FWIW

We use two PR-5508 processors and are very happy with the results.

+1[Y] I've had mine for several weeks now and could not be happier. I'd recommend going with separates but if not at least get a higher powered AVR with pre outs for future expansion.

As Bill suggested, accessories4less has some nice offerings on refurb's with warranties......

Go separates! Your rf-83 will thank you with some real power. Find a used xp-5 and a umc-1

Hey Flyboy he beat me to it; those speakers really liked the XPA-5 amp, not so much several AVRs (using AVR pre with XPA-5 much, much better).

I have not heard the Emotiva UMC-1 but a lot of guys on our forum like it. Here is one for $350 shipped with a lot of warranty left. EMO forum for sale

Here is you a XPA-5 shipped with warranty for $750 same EMO forum

For $1100 shipped (without any negotiation) you have what you need

(can't teach AirForce jet jockeys nutthin'. Sorry Justin, us squids gotta poke fun)

I see you went with the Klipsch sub....

Thanks for all the advice guys, I appreciate it.

I did go with the Klipsch sub, the RT-12d. I got it for $325, which from responses on the forum, sounds like a pretty good deal.

I'm pretty much have no idea what to look for when it comes to separates. I'll look into those items mentioned.

You can learn a lot on here about separates. A lot of us like emotiva amps because of their bang for the buck. As for a processor well emotiva makes a umc-1 which alot like. And the onkyo pr-sc5508 is a popular one. Just make sure if you buy an avr first you get one with preOuts so you can add an amp later. (Trust us, you will one day with them 83's and 64 for sure) You could buy a descent avr with preOuts and add the emotiva xpa-3 for your front three. It will be fantastic. Then you just run your rear off your avr