Insensitive Christmas gifts.......

oscarsear

TeeVee product ads can be so annoying................. Get your 'special' someone that 'mini-nuclear-powered hair evaporator'. Y'know that girlfriend or spouse with that neanderthal bikini-line problem. And there's 'Tag Away' an excellent gift idea for any elder sporting those huge fleshy-bulbous skin growths and desiring to remove them by dissolving them 'naturally' with chemistry. There are squishy shoes and an abundantly ***-friendly squishy seat cushion offering hour-upon-hour of tushy pain abatement whilst you sit upon ice cold concrete. And be sure to use Q-bids because they need to run the same bubbly-brain-dead ad another 400,000 times. Do they run these ads everywhere or just where I live?

crap, I thought you had found me out. I bought the wife a new set of baking pans for this Christmas. No kidding and they are cheapo ones at that.

She got the house (with no media room) and I got a truck tune up. Figured we are square here.

ha, my wife digs that kind of crap. last year we were freshly moving into our new house so the xmas gift theme was kitchen/dining/home and she loved it. she had the audacity to ask for a new watch, to which i replied " i just bought you a brand new stove and microwave" Angry

And they both had clocks. Some people, sheeesh.

Thaddeus, buy her a new watch bro. earn all the good will you can! find out what she wants before you pull the trigger, though.

Oscarear, yeh, it is irritating. i just use the commercial time to check email and try not to grind the gears! i also take some ironic pleasure in thinking about all the money the sellers are spending to buy time for stuff i'll never buy. they are paying for your viewing pleasure!

lol, she doesn't wear watches. I was just using that to lead into a "women belong in the kitchen" off-color joke by indicating that there are perfectly good clocks on the stove and microwave. not as funny when you're forced to spell it out. :/

(I actually do most of the cooking and as a dual income household we share all of the responsibilities required to keep a home running smoothly)

I always go for getting my wife a nice classic swiss-made watch. She loves them! AND you would be surprised what you CAN get a lady's model for in excellent condition which is over 40 years old, but is in new or like-new condition. Can you say the best deals in the busines??

She actually has TWO of the 1970 Bulova Snorkel 20 ATM dive watches as pictured below (this is not one of hers, but the same model)...one of which is NEW IN BOX and never been worn! 17-jewel automatic movement, with inner rotating elapsed time bezel in a twin crown case of polished stainless with original stanless bracelet with blue jean coral inserts...something you will NOT see in today's market of new watches!

She has a few dozen of these classic Swiss dive watches, and has no real idea of the quality that she is wearing....Zodiac Sea Wolf, three Alsta dive models, three different Aquastars (one of which is fully gold-plated along with its bracelet, and in NEW condition!!), Chronosport models (both quartz and automatics), on and on...

Her island is a popular scuba destination, and it is funny to see divers who also collect watches do a double-take, and smile when they see what is on her wrist! She really doesn't have a clue, but THEY do! She just likes them! She constantly hears "very nice watch" from most of them!

-Andy

post-9310-13819826368942_thumb.jpg