60 days after near death

Guest " "

good try...but you didn't get me this time either....til we meet again. It's been almost 60 days since my battle with a tremendous amount of infections on my right side that took every bit of 7 weeks to get rid of with round the clock IV's of anti biotic's. finally got the PIC's lines removed today and this ordeal is now over. Lesson learned....do not put off til tomorrow the things you wish you would have done if your time runs out. Had a small list of things that I wished I had taken care of and since then have taken care of most of them. ! unfortunately one will unlikely never come to resolution. good health to all and best wishes in all that you do.

post-22082-13819826408938_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

Glad your past that mess. [Y]

Strange things happen sometimes, my friend/neighbors wife was very sick from an infection which they couldn't figure out what it was. She was in intensive care for a couple of weeks and came home about 3 weeks ago. Just in time for a vacation planned with us for 7 days, they were ready to cancel, we got back Sunday.

It was a 7 day cruise, when he got home Sunday he decided to clean out his wallet, he found a lotto ticket he bought before the trip, checked the numbers. He was shocked to find while on vacation he had won 1 million dollars, he has since collected the money and is still shocked.

A couple of weeks earlier he thought he was loosing his wife of over 45 years, she is fine now and both are happy.

You never know.

Glad your past that mess. Yes

Strange things happen sometimes, my friend/neighbors wife was very sick from an infection which they couldn't figure out what it was. She was in intensive care for a couple of weeks and came home about 3 weeks ago. Just in time for a vacation planned with us for 7 days, they were ready to cancel, we got back Sunday.

It was a 7 day cruise, when he got home Sunday he decided to clean out his wallet, he found a lotto ticket he bought before the trip, checked the numbers. He was shocked to find while on vacation he had won 1 million dollars, he has since collected the money and is still shocked.

A couple of weeks earlier he thought he was loosing his wife of over 45 years, she is fine now and both are happy.

You never know.

What a story!

Glad your past that mess. Yes

You never know.

thats super...karma is a funny thing, after giving up on insurance settlements related to hurricane sandy I applied for a big pension loan...next day all insurance companies (home owners and flood) called with advancement offers....then, I got three letters from past business associates offering to re-issue checks I never cashed. headed for the pub...much to celebrate

I am about 10 years into my "after near death" and appreciate every day I've had. I now have a 4 year old son and I own my own business and have a great wife. The alternative probably would have sucked. I was involved in an electrical arch flash (480V 3 phase.....approximately 35,000 degrees ball of flames and liquid metal) that the doctors tell me had I taken a breath at that moment I would have died right on the spot. After suffering 2nd and 3rd degree burns on my face and hands and four surgeries later, I have recovered mostly (some loss of range of motion and strength in my hands and wrists and some delightful scarring) and I sure am glad to be alive.

Glad you made it through, speakerfritz.

Great to hear your doing well Speakerfritz!!!.....[^]

Dtel, I'm now buying 5 lotto tickets then going on a cruise for at least 7 days. Actually that is an astonishing story...Good for Him.

bhenry, that is an amazing event to survive. Glad to see it's all good with you...[H]

This summer I spent 2 months with my brother in-law at the UNC campus hospital and their family house(A medical house people stay in that need quarantine after transplant surgeries that aren't required to stay in the hospital)A.K.A. a scary a$$ place to live for 2 months . He was diagnosed with Acute Myelogenous Leukemia and Myelodysplastic Syndrome. ...He has made a full recovery. And is perfectly healthy...The chances of him making it through that were less than 7%....Cheers to a Happy Holidays.....