Largest structure in the universe

Daddy Dee

4 billion light years across!

The Milky Way Galaxie that we are in has 200-400 BILLION Stars (solar systems). It is only 100,000 light years across.

I wonder why they call it a structure. That must be an astro-physics term. I'll have to ask my son when he wakes up in the morning.

Very interesting for sure.

4 billion light years across!

The Milky Way Galaxie that we are in has 200-400 BILLION Stars (solar systems). It is only 100,000 light years across.

I wonder why they call it a structure. That must be an astro-physics term. I'll have to ask my son when he wakes up in the morning.

Very interesting for sure.

mustang guy,

I'm sure interested to hear your son's take on why it is described as a structure.

It takes light at 186,000 miles/second 4 billion years to get across the structure. The fastest thing man has made is one of our space probes going about 55,000 miles per hour. Makes you feel rather small, no?

so now, scientist think there really is such a thing as a graviton and that it has no speed limit, so the tip of that quasars axis could swing and point our way every few thousand years and have the same effect as the mysterious planet X.

We are starting to learn more about gravity, but what we know is still theoretical and our current knowledge of gravity is based on observations from within the 4-dimensional space time continuum in which we live. According to M-Theory there are 11 dimensions, and we have next to no understanding of the other 7, but the gravatational force is thought to be transdimensional in nature. There could be dimension(s) where gravity exists independent of mass, and vice versa, which could explain dark matter and dark energy. The speed limit of light speed is valid is valid only within our space-time continuum and some of the other theoretical dimensions may not be so limited. Or so we think.