khorns for surround system

aarcuda

Ok, after reading more reviews about the speakers I was wondering can they be used as a surround system for my TV. I will be adding a 25x20 room as a game room amd instead of buying a $1,500 Bose system could I use the khorns as the surround system? Will the room be large enough and would there be anything else I need to do this?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Mike

Room is plenty large enough. I hope you have better use for KHorns than TV. I wouldn't get KHorns just for TV. If you don't rock to music quite loud, there are many lesser speakers that will do quite well for much less $$$. But if you already have the KHorns, that's different. I still wouldn't waste them on TV if I had a separate stereo where I needed them.

You guys are killing me,

I would give the khorns to a fellow forum member, and buy the bose setup!

If you all ready have the Khorns yes use them, even if you are going to buy a pair for 1500.00 or what ever the cost of the Bose were, I still would use them at that price. That wide of a room, even if you just using stereo you might need a center channel, especially if you are doing a hometheater setup. Then I would get a Lascala for a center, and some nice surround speakers. Lots of folks are using the cinema series for the the surrounds, but a pair of Heresies would work great(to keep the budget down). Last since that is a fairly large space a good subwoofer might be needed, which in this case I would diy do to low cost with great results.

What are you using for a tv, and what are you using it for plain watching or movies. If you are watching alot of movies and haven't purchased a tv, I would go projection.

Let us know if there is anything else we could help you with.

by all means. Khorns would be much better than Bose!

When ever someone brags about their Bose system, I just smile and try to think of something nice to say. Kinda hard sometimes, But try to be kind and not hurt their feelings with MY opinions. It's their opinion of their system that counts ........................... [bs] ..............................Taz

Man, are we getting soft in our old age. Guy comes in saying "Klipschorns or Bose" and gets a reasoned discussion. Devil

My thought exactly! I really think he should give the horns away, to someone more deserving who appreciates them and would never even ask such a question. (poor things, It's abuse I tell you)

• 4 weeks later...

The store in Albuquerque where I bought my setup had a room with 4 Klipschorns in it. 2 in the front on the floor and 2 in the back hanging upside down from the ceiling. Talk about an awesome surround system!

Been there (Sound Ideas) -- seen/heard it. Impressive, especially the upside down K-horns hanging form the ceiling.

K-horns for a surround-sound system is overkill... but I happen to like overkill!

Bought my first set of K-horns from a guy last year who was using the for REARS in his 5.1 HT with little Bose boxes in the front sound stage . . . Said the K-horns just did not work well as fronts for him, so he moved them to rears. OK. Now, those same K-horns are my fronts in the HT and are about to be wedded with a Scoot 299d for two channel duty as well. :-) Just have to figure out how to wire it up so I am not switching cables all of the time.

I have 4 Khorns for my surround system and wouldn't trade them for anything ! I also use my 2 front mains for a separate 2-channel tube system with the SVS sub and to my ears it sounds amazing !

I want to use my K-horns in the HT also with some 2 channel tube listening. Mind letting me know how you wired it up, or do you just switch your cables around? (Sorry for the dumb question. Of course, I am a tube noob.)

I have 4 Khorns for my surround system and wouldn't trade them for anything ! I also use my 2 front mains for a separate 2-channel tube system with the SVS sub and to my ears it sounds amazing !

I want to use my K-horns in the HT also with some 2 channel tube listening. Mind letting me know how you wired it up, or do you just switch your cables around? (Sorry for the dumb question. Of course, I am a tube noob.)

I used to switch my cables back and forth also . Now I use a Niles DPS- 1 and with the push of a bottom it takes the front mains out of the surround loop for strictly 2 - channel . I am still switching cables around for the sub until I find something for that but I am not looking very hard .