Dual RSW 15 subs

wstrickland1

I picked up another RSW 15 for a good price and plugged it in this morning. I wasn't expecting as much as I got. Two of them together is more than twice as good as one (if that makes sense). It really is unbelievable how much smoother the bass is now. It's much louder without overpowering the other speakers, although overpowering (3) LaScalas, (2) Cornwalls and (2) Heresy's would be tough to do. If anyone is on the fence about whether using 2 subs is worth the trouble let this post serve as another emphatic vote of YES, it is definitely worth it.

Certainly Congrats, how could you go wrong? I had dual rsw 15's for a while, then tragedy struck and I had to sell, hated that. I must say I honestly loved the look better than the sound, it just was not needed in my very good room and I never really miss it. Still two is killer all things considered and especially if you need them to even out response,

I have always wanted to hear a RSW 15 and I waited over a year, with no luck, for one to pop up locally. I wonder how my Rythmik would stack up against two RSW 15's? The only thing I don't like about the Rythmik is that my front soundstage isn't symmetrical but I don't want to drop another $1600 on another FV15HP. Congrats on the pickup, can't wait to hear some more impressions..

The only thing I don't like about the Rythmik is that my front soundstage isn't symmetrical but I don't want to drop another $1600 on another FV15HP.

Symmetry is good for the mains. For subs, symmetry excerbates room modes. This may make you feel better.

The only thing I don't like about the Rythmik is that my front soundstage isn't symmetrical but I don't want to drop another $1600 on another FV15HP.

Symmetry is good for the mains. For subs, symmetry excerbates room modes. This may make you feel better.

Agreed. Depends a lot on placement though, no?

Last summer I put one of mine up for sale. For no reason other than that I wanted to add one more piece to my sectional, the spot the second RSW-15 took up. When I realized that the piece I wanted was no longer available I changed my mind. I'm happy it worked out the way it did ;) These are sweet subs and not to be reckoned with for the price.

2 subs make a huge diff. 4 subs take movies to another level entirely. 4 THX Subs with the Dark Knight Rises can crack some ribs. Dont see many people talk about the Klipsch THX KW-120+Ka1000 Sub combo much on here. Have many Klipsch fans listened to these behemoths? If you guys have never given them a listen Id suggest a demo if a dealer has them setup properly and has 4 of them running it is earthquake inducing.

• 3 weeks later...

*Actually* lamps tend to add at least 4 dbs to the 20 Hz region, and they also help the audio fly through the air easier so it sounds better when it reaches your ears. Something to do with the reflections off of the inside of the lamp and the sound gets heated by the light bulb. True audiophile stuff, for real.

Don’t see many people talk about the Klipsch THX KW-120+Ka1000 Sub combo much on here. Have many Klipsch fans listened to these behemoths?

The problem is the price point Klipsch has them set at. For one sub and the amp it's around $3000. At that price point there is some serious competition in the sub market. Klipsch did the same thing with the RSW-15 back in the day, it was priced a little high at the time. It's a great buy today on the used market but ten years ago you could have the best SVS or whatever was around that would simply out perform it at the price point. In today's market with all of the amazing I.D. subs, Klipsch still needs to make some adjustments in their sub department IMO. They have gotten better but the KW-120 is still way out there IMO.

Take your quad KW-120's for instance, have you looked around at the options you had available at that price point? You dropped some serious coin on those four babies. You could of had four Seaton Submersives, stacks of JTR's, pretty much anything you can find from the top dogs in the sub world and they would have all out performed the KW-120 by quite a large margin and it would have saved you money. Of course the flip side is, you can hit reference level easily as it is already so more is not needed but you see my point. When people are looking for bang for the buck, Klipsch subs aren't on the same level as their loud speakers.