Bee colony collapse

tube fanatic

I realize that this came up as a side discussion in my Monsanto Protection Act post, but this article is well worth reading as is watching the entire video of Dan Rather's expose. This situation is something everyone should be taking a very close look at; if the honey bees die off we are going to be in major trouble, and even Monsanto won't be able to help us:

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/06/08/bees-dying-off.aspx?e_cid=20130608_DNL_art_1&utm_source=dnl&utm_medium=email&utm_content=art1&utm_campaign=20130608

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Thanks for the link.

The cell phone theory is interesting. It would be curious to see if the masses would abstain from the cell phone obsession if it proved conclusively to be the culprit.,,,,I think probably not.

Impossible, idiots can't even put the phone down long enough to drive safely.

Thanks for the link.

The cell phone theory is interesting. It would be curious to see if the masses would abstain from the cell phone obsession if it proved conclusively to be the culprit.,,,,I think probably not.

I was not aware that masses of cell phone users were enjoying hanging around Honey Bee Farms while using their tiny little handheld mini-microwave signal producers. What's next on Spread The Fear?

Eeeek!!!! Worse yet, Dan Rathers' involved..... now that is cause for concern, because now there's an exaggerated BS factor to contend with in this story.

Thanks for the link.

I was not aware that masses of cell phone users were enjoying hanging around Honey Bee Farms while using their tiny little handheld mini-microwave signal producers. What's next on Spread The Fear?

Eeeek!!!! Worse yet, Dan Rathers' involved..... now that is cause for concern, because now there's an exaggerated BS factor to contend with in this story.

Yep, must not be true. All is well, nothing to worry about. The FDA and EPA will take care of everything anyway.

Heck, Americans don't even eat vegitables and everyone is doing great, so no need for bees. Now if our subsidized supply of high fructose corn syrup supply was ever threatened, look out.

Thanks for the link.

Yep, must not be true. All is well, nothing to worry about. The FDA and EPA will take care of everything anyway.

Heck, Americans don't even eat vegitables and everyone is doing great, so no need for bees. Now if our subsidized supply of high fructose corn syrup supply was ever threatened, look out.

Careful there Tigerboy, Big Brother could be surveillancing these blogs, and if he doesn't like what's being said.... WATCH OUT. The next knock on the door could be E. Holder himself. [;)]

Nah, I just find the cell phone part of the story humorous. A few decades ago it was the African and Africanized Bee's that were going to wipe us out; Now, the bee's (Africanized or not) are in danger from cell phone user's. And lord knows how they enjoy using their phones when bee's are buzzing all around them.

Add to this the Dan Rather factor, and it becomes even more entertaining and humorous.

Careful there Tigerboy, Big Brother could be surveillancing these blogs, and if he doesn't like what's being said.... WATCH OUT. The next knock on the door could be E. Holder himself. Wink

Nah, I just find the cell phone part of the story humorous. A few decades ago it was the African and Africanized Bee's that were going to wipe us out; Now, the bee's (Africanized or not) are in danger from cell phone user's. And lord knows how they enjoy using their phones when bee's are buzzing all around them.

Add to this the Dan Rather factor, and it becomes even more entertaining and humorous.

We have African Bees here. Nasty but you just need to avoid them or you will bee attacked. Pun intended.

I agree on the cell phones. Then again, a classic example of an effective defense is to throw out as many red herrings as possible.

This is the real deal though. There are places in China that have no bees and they have to pollinate with paint brushes by hand.

The real problem is that, say it is GMO, or pesticides, or some other product by the Monsanto et al folks (who are going to solve the world hunger problems with seeds that are modified to die each year). Then we are screwed as they will never acknowledge the problem and pretend that it does not exist, no matter what the consequences.

tube fanatic,

thanks for the link. decimated bee populations is a huge deal and has been going on for decades.

these guys are delicate little creatures.

I don't know why this is not considered a matter of national security. IMO, it is.

hope we don't have to find out what life would be like without honey bees.

tube fanatic,

thanks for the link. decimated bee populations is a huge deal and has been going on for decades.

I don't know why this is not considered a matter of national security. IMO, it is.

You are absolutely correct that this should be a national security issue of the highest priority. But, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if many of our politicians have organic farms somewhere, with their own bee colonies and keepers, just in case! It makes me think of the stuff that came out with the Y2K scare- iirc, Kissinger had some kind of huge farm in the Andes where he could ride out the collapse of society for as long as was necessary to ensure his survival! And to add to the discussion, Mercola posted this choice bit of information earlier today:

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/06/11/unapproved-gm-wheat.aspx?e_cid=20130611_DNL_art_1&utm_source=dnl&utm_medium=email&utm_content=art1&utm_campaign=20130611

So, getting back to the GMO side of this discussion, now there may be very real and serious economic issues. Isn't is amazing that we forum participants could do a better job of running things than those we elect to "represent" us?

Maynard

tube fanatic,

You are absolutely correct that this should be a national security issue of the highest priority. But, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if many of our politicians have organic farms somewhere, with their own bee colonies and keepers, just in case! It makes me think of the stuff that came out with the Y2K scare- iirc, Kissinger had some kind of huge farm in the Andes where he could ride out the collapse of society for as long as was necessary to ensure his survival! And to add to the discussion, Mercola posted this choice bit of information earlier today:

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/06/11/unapproved-gm-wheat.aspx?e_cid=20130611_DNL_art_1&utm_source=dnl&utm_medium=email&utm_content=art1&utm_campaign=20130611

So, getting back to the GMO side of this discussion, now there may be very real and serious economic issues. Isn't is amazing that we forum participants could do a better job of running things than those we elect to "represent" us?

Maynard

So Monsanto's GM wheat somehow escaped and contaminated crops, and they are claiming that they are being set up. This is a switch from them just suing anyone whose crops get contaminated by their product.

If this does affect the economy, will we need to bail them out too? Can we let this one just fail?

Oh my gosh! I just looked out my window and there are no palm trees or mountains! They must be going extinct!

[;)]

Seriously, it's bad enough if I have to hire the Chinese to pollinate my flowers but if I don't get honey on my toast once in a while I'm going to write my congressman.

<snip>..........I was not aware that masses of cell phone users were enjoying hanging around Honey Bee Farms while using their tiny little handheld mini-microwave signal producers. What's next on Spread The Fear?...............................<snip>

Not so much the "little handheld mini-microwave signal producers" but the big ol' cell phone towers popping up all over the place. Here's a link to another study - doesn't sound so crazy.

http://www.academia.edu/1746940/MOEF_REPORT_ON_IMPACT_OF_CELL_PHONE_TOWERS_ON_WILDLIFE