How much have you spent on the speakers you currently use?

wuzzzer

• 3 months later...

Way less than I thought I would spend, but still won't show my wife my itemized spreadsheet. [ :P]

You, sir are prohibited from listing prices anyway;

Surely you don't want your fellow Klipschites to go out and slit their wrists now do you?

:lol:

Ron

I paid retail for my La scalas back in the mid 70s. Don't really remember but I'm thinking maybe $600 a piece. Couldn't afford the KHorns back then. But once I had heard the Klipsch speakers I was "Oh yeah I gotta have a pair of those". I was replacing Bose 901s. Acquired my Khorns used in '87 or '88 for $1200. All the horn/driver/crossover mods I have done in the past couple years since I stumbled on to this forum cost more than the speakers originally. But hey we're talking almost 40 years. For the enjoyment I have derived through the years I say it's a bargain.

My main, and favorite speaker system (6 LaScalas and 2 THT subs):

My LaScalas cost an average of $550 each, and I have 6 of them. Total $3,300

Fuel going to get the speakers in 3 different locations: $200

Recap for 4 AA Networks: $350

My THT's cost $325 each to build and I have 2 of them. Plus about $300 for the amp. Total $925

Total cost $4,775

On 9/28/2013 at 6:51 PM, wuzzzer said:

Anyone else?

Less than a Harley-Davidson, a bass boat, a sports car (...and not counting the insurance and maintenance costs...), or golfing green fees over the time that I've enjoyed these speakers (to say nothing of the future).

The music sticks around indefinitely on discs/digital media server.

And I get to enjoy these daily...for as long as my hearing holds out.

Chris

My THT's cost $325 each to build and I have 2 of them. Plus about $300 for the amp. Total $925

Total cost $4,775

What about your two KPT-684s and there amp???

Roger

I've spent a lot more than I intended, but I've had a fun journey. Been running four LS II's since July. I picked two sets up on craigslist for ~$2100/set (one set from NC and one from FL). I probably paid a little too much, but I love the look of having a two piece speaker; plus I can point the top up, toward my ears which is very nice.

I don't even use my RC-64 center anymore as the LS II's sound great when I redirect the center to the mains. I really over paid for my Reference stuff, but it was a great deal at the time and I've got 6 years of great use out of them. I'm not sure if I'm going to go 11.2 using an LS II + Reference setup or not.

Total cost $4,775

What about your two KPT-684s and there amp???

Roger

That's a shelved system. I also have 6 KPT-200's, 3 KPT904's, and those 2 KPT-684's. Electronic network, amps, hangers, etc. I'm not sure how much I have in the system, but since it's not currently in use, it doesn't matter. If I build a second shop or a movie theater, I will hook them up. For now, the 6.2 LaScala/THT system is superior.