Satisfied, content, at peace, arrived

Wws

The subject describes me and my Klipsch speaker experience, and I suspect I am not alone. I have had the same pair of Chorus II's since bought new in 1990 in the AAFES exchange while living in Germany. They have travelled with me half way around the world, and were specified by name in the dispersion of property in my divorce from the first wife 10 years later. In the subsequent years I have done my due diligence, careful packing, care for the wood surfaces, a recent recap via Crites replacement crossovers, and Crites Ti tweeter diaphragms (both presents from my second wife for my Birthday). They are playing as I type and are sounding better than ever. I have driven them with various solid state amps and recently found my way to feeding them with a low wattage 6V6 push pull amp, which they shine with. I have also recently turned my attention to making my listening space improved by setting it up appropriately and adding acoustic treatments where needed. I realize that I am a " the Klipsch sound" fan, and I'm a happy camper, thats not a bad place to be now is it? So are you like me or still chasing the rainbow? Owe, by the way it is my birthday today and I thought I would spend a little of it on here talking with you.

Edited by Wws

Wws,

Welcome to the forum, we hope you like it and descide to stick around for a while.

I think I am done chasing speakers for a while now, although I would like to get them veneered at some point. Next purchase will probably be a new preamp for me.

Happy Birthday by the way!!!

What do you want to get next???

Roger

Welcome, Wws. For many of us, Klipschorns are at the end of the rainbow. In my case, until (as PWK said) somebody invents a shorter 32Hz wave there isn't anything else to lust after. Well, I did have to construct a horn loaded sub good to 16.4Hz to handle the 32' pipes of the organs I love to listen to, but a K'horn that big would be pretty unmanageable!

Other stuff...well, pretty happy with my gear but there is always a shinty object to get one's attention.

But I prefer to listen than lust!

Dave

Welcome to the forums, and Happy Birthday!

It's a good place to be when you can simply enjoy the great sound of your Klipsch... :emotion-21:

Sometimes we get carried away with trying to improve the gear, sometimes succeeding, sometimes failing. Sometimes we don't know which took place. So... continue to enjoy.

Bruce

• Like 1

Welcome to the forums, and Happy Birthday!

It's a good place to be when you can simply enjoy the great sound of your Klipsch... :emotion-21:

Sometimes we get carried away with trying to improve the gear, sometimes succeeding, sometimes failing. Sometimes we don't know which took place. So... continue to enjoy.

Bruce

Amen to that..

Much appreciated, thanks. I just feel bad for the two pair of Heresy's that I currently don't have in play. One pair used to be my rear pair, and I had dreams of 7.1 system when I found the second pair in a pawn shop. There is just not enough room for four Heresy's in the periphery of the living room, so they languish.

• Moderators

But I prefer to listen than lust!

Dave

i feel exactly the same way, there is so much more enjoyment in listening to music than anything to do with the equipment to me. Hope your doing well Dave. :)

Welcome Wws and Happy Birthday.

Wws, I wanted a Ht similar, got 6 fortes and a sub set up, Might watch a movie every couple of months at most, A GOOD 2 CH 99.99% of the time is what makes us happy !

So are you like me or still chasing the rainbow? Owe, by the way it is my birthday today and I thought I would spend a little of it on here talking with you.

First off, Happy Birthday! I'm still in the process of rainbow catching, but I can think of much worse (and more expensive) hobbies to persue. I've only been at it for 6 years or so, and there is so much gear in the world to try...

Congrats on finding a lady that's amenable to your love - wish I could get my wife to do her holiday shopping with Bob Crites!

And I feel your pain in regard to speakers who stand silent. My B&W 603 S3's haven't made a peep since I scored my Choruses earlier this year. Nor have the NHT 2.5s....

Welcome to the forums. Ayup, I'm sittin here all a happy snappy content listening to my modified Khorns. All day everyday, I never tire of them. Then someone offers up the Altec midrange drivers I could not locate whence I was compiling this rig. And I starts to wonder, what did I miss, did I miss anything.......... you know those 290's would dovetail right into all of the existing stuff.......... just a few bolts and it would be done, and then you would know. I need more midrange drivers like I need a new disease......... but these are those ones. What could it hurt? It would be like an investment. Hmmmmm.