Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Imply and infer are opposites, like a throw and a catch. To imply is to hint at something, but to infer is to make an educated guess. The speaker does the implying, and the listener does the inferring.

This is not a citation from the grammar police, but a gentle suggestion to those who want to be correct.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

just having some coffee...

came back from the local county fair....Gia went on a handful of rides..it was funny how she was

afraid of some of them...she had

a good time...but we did not stay

for Shania Twain...

Dang, Mike would not have missed Shania for 2 worlds...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dirtmudd said:

just having some coffee...

came back from the local county fair....Gia went on a handful of rides..it was funny how she was

afraid of some of them...she had

a good time...but we did not stay

for Shania Twain...

I've always liked the county fair atmosphere, especially when the kids are having fun riding their rides.

And then there's the food....yummy creations!

I would have to stay to get a glimpse of Shania, I'm sure she's still a hottie.

• Like 3

• Moderators
On 8/15/2017 at 8:00 AM, Wardsweb said:

Now for something totally different; Design Acoustics D12 speakers. They look like a soccer ball from a cubism painting. They have one woofer, one midrange and nine tweeters.

How do they sound, because that is really different with all those drivers, I would think if the tweeters are pointing all over it
could sound kind of like 3D ? 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, dtel said:

How do they sound, because that is really different with all those drivers, I would think if the tweeters are pointing all over it
could sound kind of like 3D ? 

Strangely enough, they image nicely. They are a little bright with that many tweeters. They also like power to get good bass. Still, not a bad speaker.

• Like 1

Morning Gents......I see you have carried on just fine without me:mellow:

Nothing much to report here....been raining everyday for about 2 weeks.  We use to call that "dog days".  Water bugs are making a frontal assault on mi casa.  I have fought them to a stalemate so far.

Between showers took LF down town in the bubble, walked along the river, and had lunch at a German café.  Strudel for desert (one of my favorites).  Got a small stone chip on the hood on the way home:(

LF playing tennis this morning.......I'm drinking coffee and watching the money channel with one eye.  Even CNBC has gotten political.  Just wish they would shut up and talk about money issues.

50th high school reunion in September.  $150 to sit with folks I won't even recognize:wacko:

Going to see Taj Mahal and keb mo in 2 weeks for LF's birthday.

That's about it for now........

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

stone chip on the hood on the way home:(

Should have put a clear bra on it.  I have them on both of my vehicles.  They protect the paint and you can't see them unless you're right at the car and looking for it.

11 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

This chip is about a foot in front of the windshield. Minor but it still is a bummer.  What is a clear bra?  Is it titillating?

It's a clear film that adheres to the body of the vehicle and prevents paint chips.  My wife's car has Perma Plate while mine has 3M.  Of the 2 I believe the Perma plate is a little better but they both do a fantastic job of preventing rock ships.  It's applied to the painted surfaces like window tint is applied to glass.

• Like 1