Tarheel

Cables, Coffee, and Cocktails

5 minutes ago, billybob said:

Have a Bee Gee cd in her Volvo and an ABBA in mine... was not a Disco Duck kind of guy though...:wacko:

I think it's more like this...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, billybob said:

Have a Bee Gee cd in her Volvo and an ABBA in mine... was not a Disco Duck kind of guy though...:wacko:

Don't know if i would have admitted that cd thing:lol:  I went to disco's back then, never danced or anything like that but, that's where the females were. :emotion-55:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, dtel said:

Don't know if i would have admitted that cd thing:lol:  I went to disco's back then, never danced or anything like that but, that's where the females were. :emotion-55:

I figured you would be at a country bar....

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

figured you would be at a country bar....

I'm from Louisiana not Mississippi, just live there now, but I would have even gone to a Polka bar, square dance or anything, if that's where the girls were. ;)

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Pulling out all the stops for some chicken taco..

That's strange, we also made it tonight but with beef, it's been a good while since we made this, of course I ate to much.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

that remind me ...

I have spaghetti sauce with chicken been aging since Saturday.  Oughta be ready to eat. 

There are a few foods I think are better eaten as leftovers, spaghetti is one of them. Pizza, cold the next day is my favorite :D

• Like 4

23 hours ago, dtel said:

Yes man, I was a flapper and a dancing fool, but did not wear platforms. Did have some wooden clogs though. Had to stop wearing them inside. Ex thought either a horse or Boris Karloff was stalking the house. If not the music, sometimes the environment is fun to take in. This one place in Daytona 

had a nice ambience, that is the word. Aloof like Saturday night. Shadow danced and walked back to hotel. 

Their CD's are usually well recorded and mindless when driving. Try it, lol...

:emotion-44:

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, billybob said:

Yes man, I was a flapper and a dancing fool, but did not wear platforms. Did have some wooden clogs though. Had to stop wearing them inside. Ex thought either a horse or Boris Karloff was stalking the house. If not the music, sometimes the environment is fun to take in. This one place in Daytona 

had a nice ambience, that is the word. Aloof like Saturday night. Shadow danced and walked back to hotel. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, billybob said:

That's OK I believe you, back then I did a little DJ stuff, mostly friends wedding or parties. I met my wife at my best friends wedding, she was his cousin and he introduced us. He is dead now, no I didn't kill him for doing that. :o:lol:

But when you playing music back then you had to have all the disco type music, it's what they all asked for. I hauled around milk crates full of LP's, disco and rock, 2 turntables a pair of Cornwall replicas, a RTR and a Sansui 8080. I would play vinyl and when I wanted to take a break and go get a drink I would let the RTR play, it was fun, you would be surprised how big of a place filled with people some Cornwall's could fill, and sound good.

This was 40 years ago when we met, I couldn't do that anymore I refuse to buy play or listen to rap and I know some would want to hear it. Plus now you would be expected to talk, back then you just played music.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, dtel said:

That's OK I believe you, back then I did a little DJ stuff, mostly friends wedding or parties. I met my wife at my best friends wedding, she was his cousin and he introduced us. He is dead now, no I didn't kill him for doing that. :o:lol:

But when you playing music back then you had to have all the disco type music, it's what they all asked for. I hauled around milk crates full of LP's, disco and rock, 2 turntables a pair of Cornwall replicas, a RTR and a Sansui 8080. I would play vinyl and when I wanted to take a break and go get a drink I would let the RTR play, it was fun, you would be surprised how big of a place filled with people some Cornwall's could fill, and sound good.

This was 40 years ago when we met, I couldn't do that anymore I refuse to buy play or listen to rap and I know some would want to hear it. Plus now you would be expected to talk, back then you just played music.

you forgot your disco ball...

• Like 1

Just now, dirtmudd said:

you forgot your disco ball...

I know, it's what held me back. :mellow:

Always wanted one :huh:, I do have a 4 color laser light projector and a smoke machine but no disco ball :(:o My son in law had them and gave them to me, kind of wild looking. I should bring it to Hope for when the bands play.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1