It does look cold!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Now I know why they're called slushies!

It does look cold!

=== ohh - they’re 🥶 🥶 - and Tasty too - 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yes, a dirty Martini... shakin' not stirred …. o O (always feel like James Bond when I say that lol)…

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Now I know why they're called slushies!

It does look cold!

Very cold, being my first normal martini was from Carl a couple of years ago, I had no idea how cold. It looks foggy because there are hundreds of tiny pieces of ice in it and it lasts for a while like that. This was after a few minutes and drinking a little of it, it didn't taste anything as I expected, much milder considering what's in it.  They could be dangerous.

pilgrimage_2017-001_(97).JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, windashine said:

Yes, a dirty Martini... shakin' not stirred …. o O (always feel like James Bond when I say that lol)…

No olive juice in that one though. 

• Like 2

I never saw it till now but it looks like Otto photo bombed me.  Lol.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Spring has sprung.  Time to switch from bourbon to martinis.  First one of 2019.

20190323_164755.jpg

Carl's magic must be the shaker. 

That's not ronco, it's the real mc coy!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JohnJ said:

I needed to start practicing again in preparation for Hope next month.  I also tried out a different potato vodka on that one.  It didn't make the cut.  I'll probably use the rest of the bottle for vodka tonics.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

Have fun @CECAA850

Had wodka wonce, in woj.

It ruined the oj ...

"different strokes for different folks!"

Edited by JohnJ
fthoi
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, JohnJ said:

It ruined the oj ...

Wrong vodka:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, babadono said:

Wrong vodka:)

smirnoff was the only one back in the early 80s when I tried it, like Jack-Black was the only whiskey.

When the peer pressure bullya disappeared for me it was the 101 Turkey for a long time.

It was Bacardi for me for the only clear one besides Everclear. Tequila was clear sometimes, but that's not alcohol that s*@t is a drug!

Wodka, Gin, most Scotch never had the palate for, never liked pickled beets either! 

We were hard-core around here in that era, I took it to the hilt for the wrong (is there a right?) reason and it just about killed me.

All in the past, just a shot of Four Roses Single Barrel infrequently.

• Like 2

I rarely drink, in the last year or two except for sometimes at Rodney's, there a bad influence it seems.

A couple of weeks ago when we were there I was playing with Rodney's blood pressure machine and after trying it 3 times it said my bp was VERY high. Joe the old guy with the white cowboy hat said here drink this quickly and poured me a few ounces of what he drinks, Devils Cut bourbon so I did and was told wait about 10 minutes and check your bp again. It went down a little so he repeated his prescription.  Well, my bp only went down slightly but after about 30 minutes I didn't care anymore. 

If he was my doctor I might have a serious problem.

One day at pilgrimage Carl asked me if I was ready for a martini, it was fairly early in the day and no breakfast or anything to eat, I had to take a break for a little while after drinking it. Before that, the only martini I had ever tried was a chocolate martini and an Apple while on a cruise, which is nothing like a normal one. The Apple was terrible.

6 hours ago, JohnJ said:

I think your right, just remember 99 shakes NOT 100 or 98, there are some rules. :lol:

Chocolate with the apple in the background.

dream_10_19_2014-144.JPG

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, dtel said:

I rarely drink, in the last year or two except for sometimes at Rodney's, there a bad influence it seems.

A couple of weeks ago when we were there I was playing with Rodney's blood pressure machine and after trying it 3 times it said my bp was VERY high. Joe the old guy with the white cowboy hat said here drink this quickly and poured me a few ounces of what he drinks, Devils Cut bourbon so I did and was told wait about 10 minutes and check your bp again. It went down a little so he repeated his prescription.  Well, my bp only went down slightly but after about 30 minutes I didn't care anymore. 

If he was my doctor I might have a serious problem.

One day at pilgrimage Carl asked me if I was ready for a martini, it was fairly early in the day and no breakfast or anything to eat, I had to take a break for a little while after drinking it. Before that, the only martini I had ever tried was a chocolate martini and an Apple while on a cruise, which is nothing like a normal one. The Apple was terrible.

I think your right, just remember 99 shakes NOT 100 or 98, there are some rules. :lol:

Chocolate with the apple in the background.

dream_10_19_2014-144.JPG

^^^^^

=== Sorry, that ain’t no martini - that there’s an abomination—

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Your right, if you think that's bad the one behind it on the table was not good at all, it was like I would imagine antifreeze would taste like.  

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, dtel said:

Your right, if you think that's bad the one behind it on the table was not good at all, it was like I would imagine antifreeze would taste like.  

Gin?

• Like 3

I have no idea, maby it was since I hate gin ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Gin?

=== a “for real” 🍸?!

• Sad 1

even Gia has COFFEE

IMG_20170318_174620_hdr.thumb.jpg.71670294da3ab360d81d908aceebb75d.jpgIMG_20170711_125038.thumb.jpg.cf136f90c4acb2f6bf75da0684f38d62.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1