Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Tarheel

Cables, Coffee, and Cocktails

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

 

I got a little loud today

Half volume... that's starting to get intense

 

1 minute ago, jimjimbo said:

And you’re still alive?


— to talk about it? 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, grasshopper said:

 

I got a little loud today

Half volume... that's starting to get intense

Hehehehehe

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

if you want to make some extra dough -- my house could use a good cleaning. Just stay 6 feet away from me and all of my possessions, i don’t know where all you’ve been ... after all, like out mother’s said (and Cheap Trick sung) “you’ll never know what you’ll catch.”  (just joking of course my friend). 

 

  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was looking through my pictures on the hard drive, seen this one and thought of you Dirtmudd. 

 wedding (48).JPG

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

And you’re still alive?

 

I exercise them regularly. Not that loud normally

... but I have run them at 7.  That is getting loud... concert level

 

still no complaints from the neighbor. Only have one, less than a block away.

 

Now, one of you is gonna tell me not turn turn it up over 5 .... and to get more amp, so I don't have to.

@BigStewMan.

Yeah, I bet your neighbors would notice my presence.

 

Good morning all!

Since it's June, I spose I should stop whining about 100`. It's normal... now. At least we don't get 90% r/h to go with it.

 

Drinking cold coffee. Closed up the house for the day. Just waiting for the fun to start.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Done for now

100` outside. No reason to go out there.  Maybe move a hose and douse myself.

 

Was waiting for PerryMason to come on... watching the end of a Lone Ranger... Clayton Moore was not in this episode.

Who was that masked man?

 

Wife went to Tucson... to get the taxes done and visit her sister.  We tend to owe... I gave her my card to pay for it. "Visit her sister" may lead to an overnight. Told wife to give me an early notice, if she's not coming home. Doesn't bother my for her to overnight. I just wanna know before I prepare dinner. Only a few things I like as leftovers. Spaghetti, chili, lasagna come to mind. Especially lasagna.

  I make a 9 X 9 and 9 X 13 pan when I make it. For some reason, I can't seem to make anything less than a gallon of sauce. I did get a "lasagna pan"... 9 X 13 and 3" deep. That stops overflows. Still have to make a 9 X 9.

 

How many of you pre-cook the pasta?

  I don't. Just make the sauce a little juicy or add a little water before baking...

I make enough of a mess. One less pan is one less pan

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I pre cook it for mine but your right, I only clean `cause I don't like things to stay dirty. Heck things just get that way going in and out a lot. So one less pan to wash is good.

Putting a dent in that darn bacon I bought in bulk a couple of months ago. Cooked a pound and made that hashbrown casserole that is like Cracker Barrel's. When I've reheated it I crumble some on the plate put the casserole on top, and that's a whole meal in my book.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pre cook also but don't see why it wouldn't work if there is enough sauce.

 

That bacon thing sounds really good, I love hash browns and bacon would only make it better.

 

39 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

Was waiting for PerryMason to come on... watching the end of a Lone Ranger... Clayton Moore was not in this episode.

Who was that masked man?

Man times are hard in the desert, if your down to watching those, although some are pretty good. PM always found a way to work it out.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, grasshopper said:

Done for now

100` outside. No reason to go out there.  Maybe move a hose and douse myself.

 

Was waiting for PerryMason to come on... watching the end of a Lone Ranger... Clayton Moore was not in this episode.

Who was that masked man?

 

Wife went to Tucson... to get the taxes done and visit her sister.  We tend to owe... I gave her my card to pay for it. "Visit her sister" may lead to an overnight. Told wife to give me an early notice, if she's not coming home. Doesn't bother my for her to overnight. I just wanna know before I prepare dinner. Only a few things I like as leftovers. Spaghetti, chili, lasagna come to mind. Especially lasagna.

  I make a 9 X 9 and 9 X 13 pan when I make it. For some reason, I can't seem to make anything less than a gallon of sauce. I did get a "lasagna pan"... 9 X 13 and 3" deep. That stops overflows. Still have to make a 9 X 9.

 

How many of you pre-cook the pasta?

  I don't. Just make the sauce a little juicy or add a little water before baking...

I make enough of a mess. One less pan is one less pan

 

Only 90 here right now, at 4:30. Have 50% RH, though... supposed to get some rain tomorrow, but I have my doubts.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of you are old enough to remember a few.Image may contain: 3 people, text

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Real bubblegum

Ohio Express and 1910 Fruitgum Co...

 

@JohnJ

My wife cooks bacon by the pound, just to eat -- as is

still haven't sold her putting it on a baking sheet and popping it in the oven.  Keeps mess off the stovetop and does a good job cooking it

 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried in the oven once.

That was enough, cleaning the stovetop and backsplash and counter is easier.

Lately I'm dumping it in a frying pan that is about six inches tall it's a Lodge casserole 6 qt. Dump the lb in all at once separate it and stir occasionally....med-low heat takes a while.

No excessive cleanup unless it's time to season the iron.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This looks just like my very first guitar. i miss it. 

 

Screen Shot 2020-06-03 at 9.08.05 PM.png

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good Morning! Thinking of taking a ride and surprising Mike (dirtb+g). We will see..... 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, KROCK said:

Good Morning! Thinking of taking a ride and surprising Mike (dirtb+g). We will see..... 

Bring coffee and you'll be fine. 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Bring coffee and you'll be fine. 

Don't think there's enough grinds for the both of us.😆

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Bring coffee and you'll be fine. 

 

11 minutes ago, KROCK said:

Don't think there's enough grinds for the both of us.😆

51WiILOIiGL._AC_SY550_.jpg

  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, CECAA850 said:
11 hours ago, KROCK said:

Good Morning! Thinking of taking a ride and surprising Mike (dirtb+g). We will see..... 

Bring coffee and you'll be fine. 

And when your there don't call him dirtbag, he probably won't like that. :lol:

  • Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, KROCK said:

Don't think there's enough grinds for the both of us.😆

Depends on when you catch him, here is Dirtmudd's shipment for the week.

15fff00c78bb80978a2fd83b93515c55.jpg

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And Grasshopper's shipment. :lol:

th (1).jpg

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...