Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

I never worried about earthquakes.  Been through many of them, some pretty big; but the big ones are rare enough that I just don't think about them ... at all. 

Now, you guys that have hurricanes every year ... no thanks, I'll take my chance with an earthquake every decade or so. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

Now, you guys that have hurricanes every year ... no thanks, I'll take my chance with an earthquake every decade or so. 

But a hurricane will not knock down your house, take out bridges, cause fires, knock down trees and leave you without power for weeks.......:o.....oh never mind, your right.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

I never worried about earthquakes.  Been through many of them, some pretty big; but the big ones are rare enough that I just don't think about them ... at all. 

Just don't go live on an active volcano.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, oldtimer said:

Well you certainly know a lot of that.   And you're very comfortable with it.

"Whatchu talkin' `bout Willis?"

Been through the school of hard knocks plus some, spit on (almost, I moved quick) and cussed for a red cap I wear and yes used to watch the news so I've seen evil.

• Haha 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

You're right, I'm always more comfortable with the evil I know than what's obscured and unknown!

And at the last minute or second. With a hurricane you can think about it for a few days before, OK never mind.  

• Like 4

Yea when I was in FL we knew and I've seen interstates turned into one way streets right in front of me.

Here in 89 no f'n warning at all except the dumpster going up the hill in the parking lot at my apartment at 2am!!

• Haha 2

That's funny, but my gut isn't feeling good right now about football for this year.

Which country was it Switzerland or Sweden did not close down at all, doesn't require masks and their per capita rates of infection are lower than most of the countries that did hari-kari to their own economies!

Kind of like the grown-ups in the Charlie Brown cartoons, the mumbo jumbo from the polit-bureau makes me think of this song and their disdain for "We the People" 

13 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

@risingjay  . 

Hope Mama is hangin like a rusty fish hook brother. 

Yes ,that "." is all the reply you get for teasing me about that ribeye...  Ha!

@grasshopperRational?  Of course I am.  Kinda maybe.  Funny you brought that up...  I had to!  :)

Image may contain: 1 person, meme, text that says '@WOLVERINECOUNTRY M 2020 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS FIRST UNDEFEATED SEASON IN OVER 20 YEARS'

Haha

https://www.google.com/search?q=hanging+like+a+rusty+fish+hook&oq=hanging+lile+a+rusty+fish+h&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j33l2.15091j0j7&client=ms-android-verizon&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

• Thanks 1